U2 on BBC Radio 5 Now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay this version of Boots sounds waaaaaaaaaaay better, a lot closer to the studio version than previous attempts

The culture show interview is on the bbc website now as well, really good watching it...

Enjoyed this interview. I do quite like Mark Kermode so it was good to hear him in the same room as Bono. Has anyone found any studio footage? I'd love to see their embrace!

Oh yeah just like to point out what Simon Mayo said today. He said something like "When Achtung Baby came out U2 didn't do ANY radio/tv interviews to promote the album in the UK when the album came out cos they didn't need to". Now I mentioned this in a thread a few weeks ago but certain members seemed to believe that they did the amount of radio interviews and the same amount of promoting a new album then as they do now. Probably these same members weren't around when AB was released but this is something I remember well and was backed up by what Simon Mayo said today. The first radio interview they did for AB in the Uk was 4 months AFTER the album was released on the Mark Goodier show Feb 1992. Just thought I would mention this as I kinda pisses me off when people suggest that U2 have always gone about saturation publicity like they do since 2000. This is NOT the case. I'm not saying there wrong to want to do as much promo work for the album as they do now its just that they didn't pre-2000.

Back
Top Bottom