U2 NLOTH Boxset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a heads up that you can get the box set at borders.com for $70 delivered (includes taxes) when you use promotion code BRW5734X. That 30% off code expires on January 21st. There are also other 25% off coupon codes that expire later if you miss out on that. You can find them on various coupon sites. So far, this is the cheapest price I found for the box set.

:drool: I think this is really elegant and well-designed. I love the "U||2" graphic; it almost looks like a Japanese symbol. The whole thing is so simple and clean, but seems to have a lot of deep meaning behind it at the same time.

I have been planning all along to get the box set, and now I am really impressed and excited! :hyper: It looks great!

I'm confused after reading the 5 formats the album comes it. I don't care about the vinyl or booklets or posters, but I want to be sure to get all the new songs. What's this Anton Corbijn DVD? Does it have a new song that won't be on the album, or does nobody know yet?

Just a heads up that you can get the box set at borders.com for $70 delivered (includes taxes) when you use promotion code BRW5734X. That 30% off code expires on January 21st. There are also other 25% off coupon codes that expire later if you miss out on that. You can find them on various coupon sites. So far, this is the cheapest price I found for the box set.

Thanks! Do you have a link though? I'm at the site and have searched everywhere and can only pull up the basic cd version. Even went thru their entire catalogue of U2 and it's not there.

This signs U = 2 remind me of Joy Division's video Atmosphere where, at the beginning, it says "Joy Division" and + and - above and below it... in white, clean letters.
Anton's work... :cute:

Search Results - Borders - Books, Music and Movies

Borders link above - it did not look like a coupon was needed to me but there is no reference to the Box -- shows a List price of $94.99 -- and this was the most expensive of the 4 items I found.

If $95 does not fetch the Box Set, I'm outta here!

PASTE:
No Line on the Horizon [CD/ DVD]
Compact Disc
Pre-order
March 03, 2009 List Price: $94.99
Your Price: $66.49
(save: $28.50 30%)

Search Results - Borders - Books, Music and Movies

Borders link above - it did not look like a coupon was needed to me but there is no reference to the Box -- shows a List price of $94.99 -- and this was the most expensive of the 4 items I found.

If $95 does not fetch the Box Set, I'm outta here!

PASTE:
No Line on the Horizon [CD/ DVD]
Compact Disc
Pre-order
March 03, 2009 List Price: $94.99
Your Price: $66.49
(save: $28.50 30%)

Thanks :) It does look like this is the same thing Amazon is selling for $79.99 right now (the list price for Amazons is $95.99 and the box set is the only version with a price that high)

I guess the parallel lines symbol is like the heart in a suitcase for ATYCLB or the concentric circles for HTDAAB.

I'm also in the US and I've had it in my cart as a preorder from the beginning, and i haven't seen it drop any lower. hmmm :huh:

Here's my order:

Items Ordered Price
1 of: No Line On The Horizon [Box Set] [Limited Edition] [CD/Poster/Book/DVD] [Audio CD]
By: U2
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$66.49
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

1 of: No Line On The Horizon [Audio CD]
By: U2
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$9.99
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None Change gift options

i'm struck at how the "U" and the "2" are made to be made up of the exact same components, the same bars, just arranged in a different order.

sea is sky.

U is 2.

it's all so buddhist.

"U is 2"...

I like that :flirt:

I'm also in the US and I've had it in my cart as a preorder from the beginning, and i haven't seen it drop any lower. hmmm :huh:

Don't worry they will drop it when they actually ship it. Last thing I pre-ordered must have dropped again right as they were shipping mine because they then posted a 2 cent refund to my account.

As for the sales tax issue, Border's has to charge you sales tax if they have a physical store in your area. Amazon doesn't have physical stores so they don't have to charge tax.

Dana

That's the point. Unfortunately thats exactly what post modern art is. Neither is correct. Both is correct. Context doesn't matter. Context deos matter. The artist is more important. The Audience is more important. I've been fed this for two years in Art theory. It gets infuriating but its the philosophy of post modernism. You have to disregard meaning to find meaning.

HA!

Art Theory....the great big mind fuck! I've been trough it; 4 years of art school.

Whats funny is that they pump you up with all of this bullshit, you get literally sick from it and it takes another 4 years when your OUT of school to figure it out. What I've learned is that its a 50/50 thing: artist/viewer. Yin/Yang. One is not more important then the other, they are symbiotic....unless of course their your client and are paying you to meet a deadline then you're their bitch. :D

Back
Top Bottom