U2 (Minus Bono) playing in NYC Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Chris left for a second and just Edge was doing the OoooOs, that would've been a cool transition to the next lead.

I half expected him to shout out "Gwyneth" after the last "I can't live with or without you".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No "shine like stars"?

He's no fan :angry:

Ha! He seemed to do a bit better on WOWY overall though. Maybe because it was a bit more in his vein, so to speak?

I have a feeling Springsteen's going to blow a few minds though. Could see them doing something like The Miracle and another older track with him.

I think Martin did a reasonably fair job for not being Bono. He certainly doesn't have Bono's range but I was entertained. I didn't even know this was happening tonight (I was expecting Monday night football pregame) so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well...

The upside is that Chris Martin proved just how unique and extraordinary Bono really is.

I've done *much* better karaoke versions of both songs.

As a side note, although the band sounded great overall, Larry looked pretty bored during WOWY and lobotomized the drum beat like he did with MW during the last tour...

I think Martin did a reasonably fair job for not being Bono. He certainly doesn't have Bono's range but I was entertained. I didn't even know this was happening tonight (I was expecting Monday night football pregame) so I'm pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. Consider the alternative: the New York Jets.

The band sound good, and Chris Martin is obviously not Bono. But whatever, they could've just said fuck it and canceled it. So it's better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom