U2 (Minus Bono) playing in NYC Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So 3 songs from the Joshua Tree.
They hold up. I wonder if they let the guys pick the songs they would sing or how those decisions were made.

No problems here. Fun stuff. Can't wait to watch Streets again.

This kind of thing makes you appreciate Bono so much more. I mean, Chris and The Boss did what they could, but those songs were made for another man's voice.

I would've hoped that the song selection was a bit more inspired, though. Maybe it was easier, considering the guest artists, to use songs that they know Chris and Bruce could sort of get a hang of quickly (or they always intended to play this setlist, which would've been a bit eehhh).

This must be killing Bono right now
NO, he's not being killed right now! why would you say something like this?!

---

I really liked Streets with Bruce, he injected some needed energy into the other 3.

I've been to 2 Springsteen concerts, and it's so weird when the entire arena starts yelling "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE", because it really does sound like Booing. I suppose that's why the gimmick stuck, as if unifying all Bruce concertgoers with this little tongue in cheek tradition.

That was… interesting. Nice to see them doing something, was strange that they didn't play ANYTHING new, but whatever. Makes me realize that even when Bono is having an off night, he's still the best man for the job of singer with U2.

Hopefully somebody is interviewed, or somebody got the inside scoop from Dallas Schoo or something, on all things Bono related, tour related, etc.

Watching when Adam and Larry introduced Kanye, Larry gave Adam the 'shut up, give me that mic' look. :lol:

Beautiful Day was nothing special.
WOWY was good.
Bruce really botched Streets, I thought it sounded awful. It made the Glastonbury version look mind blowing.
I Still Haven't Found was better, but still wasn't great.
I think Brandon Flowers would've done a better job than both of them. Bruce has no texture in his voice, it's all throat ripping yelling. Chris Martin was shaky. Brandon Flowers has a much better voice than both of them and could've brought something different to the setlist because his voice can hit more of their songs and The Killers have covered a bunch of their songs, even deep cuts like Ultraviolet and IGWSHA.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Beautiful Day was nothing special.
WOWY was good.
Bruce really botched Streets, I thought it sounded awful. It made the Glastonbury version look mind blowing.
I Still Haven't Found was better, but still wasn't great.
I think Brandon Flowers would've done a better job than both of them. Bruce has no texture in his voice, it's all throat ripping yelling. Chris Martin was shaky. Brandon Flowers has a much better voice than both of them and could've brought something different to the setlist because his voice can hit more of their songs and The Killers have covered a bunch of their songs, even deep cuts like Ultraviolet and IGWSHA.

Totally agree, Brandon Flowers would have been perfect. Matt Belamy would have worked well too.

as a drummer, I hate how lazy Larry has gotten

he doesn't even do the sticks/hi-hat cound for Streets anymore
:angry:

Remind me to refrain from singing U2 at karaoke after a few drinks. Those songs are meant for Bono and Bono only. Doesn't sound right.

Back
Top Bottom