u2 in studio 301 on sunday..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
most seem to be pleased with rubin's production thus far... need we forget that he started as a hip hop producer, just like kanye west.

yeah, and thrash metal.

Kanye producing would not be a bad thing, atleast for me.

Rick Rubin + Kanye as a guest producer/consultant?

:hmm:

dju said:
do u think got any chance to meet the boys?

Dude, just go. You have a better chance of seeing them than you have of someone here answering your post. What are we supposed to say?

andyuk said:
did'nt they say that kanye west was gonna do some producing work with them?

I wish. Man's got talent. Rick Rubin's a fucking hack. These new songs sound incredibly flat.

Any word from Australian interferencers? Did the band go into the studio or not?

the kanye fad is quickly fading, i hope they dont put too much into his stale company. it could reflect badly on them as they have come to be known to stay 2 steps ahead. If they were going to make something happen with him it shouldve taken place during the htdaab sessions, its too late.

The band are managing to keep their heads out of the local media surprisingly well. Aside from jumping up on stage with Kylie Minogue on Sunday night, the only publicly reported sighting of any of them was Bono out on the town on Saturday night (well into Sunday morning). I guess it's because they are not staying in hotels in the city, but in rented homes down on the harbour, and that they have flown all of their extended families into Sydney for the week, so are probably mostly keeping their heads down and hangin' with them. So no, no reports of them being in the studio on Sunday, but it makes sense. Sydney is the stop on this leg where they are spending the most time (a full week), and they were booked into the same studios for the week preceeding the original kicking off of the Australian leg back in March to do some stuff with Kanye. This could easily have been their first opportunity since then to meet up again, so could easily be happening. It might be exactly why the band seem to be off the radar during the days here in Sydney.

Back
Top Bottom