U2 Have Rescheduled Their Cancelled Tonight Show Visit For Next Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just good to see Bono back in form. I hope he'll keep improving as the tour goes on. If I didn't know he had that injury I wouldn't have noticed when I saw that Fallon performance. Happy Birthday, old house, and no more risky bike rides for you :

Grades

Bike skit - A+
Subway skit - C
Interview - B+
Tour promo - A+
Beautiful Day - C+
Song For Someone - A-
Angel of Harlem - A+

Not sure why they decided to to with Beautiful Day first... or at all, really. Would have been better off with two new songs and Angel, or if they were stuck on playing these three songs, make BD the web bonus.

Song for Someone translated well live. Angel of Harlem with The Roots was a friggin highlight and whoever's decision it was to leave it off the broadcast is an idiot.

"Big fan" Jimmy Fallon, who's a "big fan" of every single guest he's ever had on his show, couldn't remember the name of the song they played on the roof last year. Big fan, though.

The interview was good but seemed like they cut a lot out. Still a shame that they couldn't make up the entire week.

Which I guess brings us to this, as it's clear there will be no make up of that full week...

Many of you know that I work with/for a U2 tribute band here in NYC, Unforgettable Fire. Many don't, but now you do.

So a few days before the week on Fallon was supposed to start I get a text message telling me to free up my Tuesday afternoon. It seems that Jimmy had an idea for a skit that required a U2 tribute band, had asked for UF to participate. They had rented out a "secret" venue (a bar a few blocks from 30 Rock) and all was set.

No additional details were given re: exactly what the skit was, but alas... Bono's bike crash put an end to whatever it was.

:sigh:

Wow, that Angel performance is the first time I've grinned like an idiot through something U2 in... a very very long time.

For me, probably the Conan episode, the 360 gig I went to, or the SOI announcement (before I actually heard the album). After that, yes, Angel of Harlem on Fallon.

Back
Top Bottom