U2:DUALS Update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't call disliking the hip hop or pop genre "very limited". Who knows what the guy (or gal) likes. Not sure why that added commentary is necessary.

Well pop alone covers a wiiiiide stretch of music so that's a lot of hate, but other than that I've seen his posts over the years...:shrug:

I don't like duets.
Bono is in U2, that's it.
[...]
However, for some obvious reason, I liked it with Sinatra and Green Day.

This is quite an inconsistent argument. BTW, who says the CD is only limited to Bono dueting with others? It's a collaborative effort. We don't know what's on it (yet), but I hope to finally hear the U2/Underwold collaboration. :drool: And if it contains some live collaborations of U2 and BB King during Lovetown, then I'm also all up for it. :up: And who knows what other things they have lying around in their vault.
It could be interesting... :hmm:

realistically, the tracklist shouldn't be difficult to figure out. I don't think we're going to see collaborations that don't involve all of U2 (ie we're probably not going to see Bono & Sinatra)

U2 feat BB - WLCTT
U2 feat Bob Dylan - Love Rescue Me
U2 feat Sinead - I'm Not Your Baby
U2 feat Keith Richards - Silver & Gold
U2 feat Willie Nelson - Slow Dancing
U2 feat Johnny Cash - The Wanderer
U2 & Green Day - Saints
U2 & Jay Z - SBS (live version)
U2 & Eddie Vedder - (All Along the Watchtower)

and maybe U2 & Arcade Fire - Love will Tear Us Apart (Live)

realistically, the tracklist shouldn't be difficult to figure out. I don't think we're going to see collaborations that don't involve all of U2 (ie we're probably not going to see Bono & Sinatra)

U2 feat BB - WLCTT
U2 feat Bob Dylan - Love Rescue Me
U2 feat Keith Richards - Silver & Gold
U2 feat Johnny Cash - The Wanderer
U2 & Green Day - Saints
U2 & Eddie Vedder - (All Along the Watchtower)

and maybe U2 & Arcade Fire - Love will Tear Us Apart (Live)

Since some of the tracks you've mentioned were released on regular albums, I don't think those will be included.
My guesses from your list are:
U2 & Arcade Fire - Love will Tear Us Apart (Live)

Some others for consideration
Mick Jagger: Stuck In A Moment (studio version)
their collaboration with Underworld
Bruce Springsteen - Stand By Me (Live)

Are there other rumoured studio collaborations remaining in the vaults?

the description reads..

Over the years a unique community of artists have shared a recording studio with U2.
From folk to punk, from country to blues and soul, these extraordinary collaborations have spanned musical genres... but until now they've never been collected together.

so let's see..

Who's the folk collab? soul?

Ground Beneath Her Feet could be included.. as it's credited as U2 featuring Daniel Lanois

I suppose Miss Sarejevo is also a possibility.

maybe Sattelite of Love (live) w/ Lou Reed?

Ground Beneath Her Feet could be included.. as it's credited as U2 featuring Daniel Lanois

I suppose Miss Sarejevo is also a possibility.

maybe Sattelite of Love (live) w/ Lou Reed?

Satellite of Love studio also because of Gavin Friday. (though I guess it isn't much of a duet since he is more backing vocals.)

she takes a song about pleading for reconciliation and turns it into a triumph of strength over adversity. she answers the original question posed by the song by finding the answer in the song itself. it was always there, we always knew the answers were to be found within us.

or perhaps we demand that all our Shakespeare is only ever performed in Elizabethan costume.

Post of the decade on this topic. :up:

We got one track!!

With U2360° finished for 2010, we at U2.com felt it a good moment to send best wishes to all our subscribers for the holiday season and let you know the latest on 'U2 Duals' .

The good news is that the 'Duals' tracklisting has continued to evolve and the list of collaborations has grown - we'll be able to announce the full and final tracklist in January along with delivery details.

In thanking you for your patience and with seasons greetings, you can download one of the tracks from the new collection right now.

Amazing Grace/Where the Streets Have No Name by U2 and Soweto Gospel Choir.

Download this exclusive track now.

Thanks again for travelling with the band and U2.com in 2010

see you in 2011
The U2.com Team

ETA: Wow, it's a 15 MB zip file. :uhoh: U2.com aren't gonna send me viruses now are they?

Mp3 is 15,7 Mb, Run time 6:51. And DAMN it sounds pretty fucking SWEET! :drool: Streets got its clicking intro back! And a big african feeling! Bit Lion King ish.

We got one track!!

With U2360° finished for 2010, we at U2.com felt it a good moment to send best wishes to all our subscribers for the holiday season and let you know the latest on 'U2 Duals' .

The good news is that the 'Duals' tracklisting has continued to evolve and the list of collaborations has grown - we'll be able to announce the full and final tracklist in January along with delivery details.

In thanking you for your patience and with seasons greetings, you can download one of the tracks from the new collection right now.

Amazing Grace/Where the Streets Have No Name by U2 and Soweto Gospel Choir.

Download this exclusive track now.

Thanks again for travelling with the band and U2.com in 2010

see you in 2011
The U2.com Team

ETA: Wow, it's a 15 MB zip file. :uhoh: U2.com aren't gonna send me viruses now are they?

Mp3 is 15,7 Mb, Run time 6:51. And DAMN it sounds pretty fucking SWEET! :drool: Streets got its clicking intro back! And a big african feeling! Bit Lion King ish.

Ah that was my favorite of the ad spots they did on TV with these choir mixes. That's the Rose Bowl performance of Streets.

And since we paid for it, I'm not quite planning to put this online... I'm sure someone else will though.

Thanks Comet, I didn't realise it was Rose Bowl. They did enhance the performance quite a bit, adding the click clacks and such. :hmm:

During the organ intro, while they played it on the JT & R&H tours, Larry played over the intro click clacking his drumsticks 5 times, then hit the hi hat along to the 6/8th rhythm. That's my favourite bit about live Streets, it really builds up the tension.

Checking my bootlegs it's also done on the ZooTv-Vertigo tours. I just miss it this tour. And on the album/Single versions.

Back
Top Bottom