U2:DUALS Update?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the Willie version on the Essential Willie Nelson collection. Which is good stuff, with or without that song. :up:

MJB - It's not my favorite thing in the world, but it's not nearly as bad as many would have you believe.

It never fails, is my point - one mention of the song sends half the forum into a tizzy of horrified vomiting. That song is like the Old Faithful of Interference.

MJB does not care for your horror. No More Drama, she sings, and means it! :wink:

Think you could hit me up with it? Travis and I want that for our reception and I don't have it.

she makes it her own

By giving the most shellacked, pre-packaged diva performance ever. You could set your watch to those melodramatic vocalizations. Making one of the most broken, meek ballads in the U2 catalogue into completely over-the-top, meaningless fluff isn't something to applaud, and I'm glad most people here aren't receptive to it. But I don't want to continue the tradition of this perennial thread-derailer, I just wanted to articulate why I dislike that version beyond "yeah, it blows."

Anyway, it's no worse than what U2 did to Fortunate Son, I suppose. They raped and pillaged a classic, while MJB just mailed in a bad arrangement.

Also, yes, thank you, Alicia. Willie Nelson Slow Dancing is amazing and I will argue that as being criminally underrated.

Ha. Yeah, Fortunate Son is my "vomit in horror and rage" U2 cover.

I can appreciate those critiques of the MJB song.

(And you're welcome! :) )

By giving the most shellacked, pre-packaged diva performance ever. You could set your watch to those melodramatic vocalizations. Making one of the most broken, meek ballads in the U2 catalogue into completely over-the-top, meaningless fluff isn't something to applaud, and I'm glad most people here aren't receptive to it. But I don't want to continue the tradition of this perennial thread-derailer, I just wanted to articulate why I dislike that version beyond "yeah, it blows."

she takes a song about pleading for reconciliation and turns it into a triumph of strength over adversity. she answers the original question posed by the song by finding the answer in the song itself. it was always there, we always knew the answers were to be found within us.

or perhaps we demand that all our Shakespeare is only ever performed in Elizabethan costume.

through sheer force of will, i will show you that your opinion has less facts.

because this is interference.

Bring it on, my friend. I look forward to becoming overwhelmingly exhausted because of it. ;)

I have no problem with people not liking it. I have a problem with the extreme knee-jerk reaction against it.

I like that this whole thread is now about a song we have no idea is even on the album.

But we know it will be, and then will endlessly discuss how it shouldn't have been and will bitch about how the original song was ruined and :blahblah: ...

At least it gives us something to talk about rather than what Rap music really is.

Track 13 will be a new track: Stop (The Poverty), feat. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.

I think you have your hopes up too high, expecting some leecher to actually be able to read (and comprehend) something. :tsk:
me dumb leecher. me no understand something wif letters and wordz. pluiz send mo' you2oo moosic for I ears. tank you.

I don't like duets.
Bono is in U2, that's it.
I don't need any Alicia Keys, or whatever horror that's on the pop/hip-hop market, I really hate it.

However, for some obvious reason, I liked it with Sinatra and Green Day.

I don't like duets.
Bono is in U2, that's it.
I don't need any Alicia Keys, or whatever horror that's on the pop/hip-hop market, I really hate it.

However, for some obvious reason, I liked it with Sinatra and Green Day.

So you don't dislike duets, just duets which don't fit into your very limited music taste.

Back
Top Bottom