"U2 confirm 2013 album"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would bet that they will release something in 2013. A lot of us have been guessing fourth quarter/fall 2013 for a long time now.

But I'm a bit skeptical about this particular source. It just seems strange that an album announcement for one of the most lucrative acts in the entire industry would look like this. It's just sort of tucked away at the end of an article on some run-of-the-mill music website.

I'll wait for something that feels a bit more official before I start getting excited.

Timing-wise this jives with the "app" news of yesterday. They'd be far enough along in both processes to have this sort of news leaking around now. Because to do the app design you'd need an idea of visual content, etc. and I doubt you'd hire the company before you were relatively close with content.

oh fuck that that's AGES away! :down:

Yeah exactly... i guess for those who worried u2 might be retiring, or waiting till 2014, this is good news. But 2013 (and likely autumn 2013) is a very long wait. It was naive of me to think this, but after news of the digital app i started contemplating the possibility of a 2012 release. Ah well... 2013 always seemed more likely, what with the traditional 4-year gap and all.
I could hold out hope this report is false, but i'm not that optimistic anymore...

It seems a little strange to confirm a release of an album if they're projecting fall of 2013... that's more than a year away. To me, this almost indicates spring of 2013.

Yeah, "U2 confirms" is a bit of a stretch right now.

BUT

This is my Cautiously Optimistic Face!

Fall 2013 sounds entirely reasonable and realistic.

It seems a little strange to confirm a release of an album if they're projecting fall of 2013... that's more than a year away. To me, this almost indicates spring of 2013.
My thoughts exactly.

But I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't release their next album in the fall.

Most likely, this doesn't mean very much at all.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed that they're not aiming for Fall 2012 (that was, admittedly, not likely); on the other hand, I'm so glad we're getting some news! But on the other other hand, 2013 sounds far away, especially if it does turn out to be Fall 2013.

So that's the question now: Fall or Spring? It seems really early to announce an album that's more than a year away; but if they want to tour in 2014, and since Fall is the moneymaking season for releasing music, then Fall 2013 makes sense. Or they could pull a fast one and go for Summer.

Either way, yay for new album rumors! :hyper:

2013 isn't a long wait, I never expected them to release anything earlier.

Let's hope this is true. 4 years since NLOTH despite all of the SOA blah blah from Bono seems to make sense.

album late 2013 with the tour in 2014 which would bring it round to roughly the usual cycle

Pathetic that anyone would be happy about this news.

We already knew something was coming out eventually. That it's supposedly not going to be out until next year should only be met with disappointment.

Of course, until something comes from the band's HQ, I'd take this news with with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom