"U2 confirm 2013 album"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're recording a cover of " Let's go to the mall" by Robin Sparkles.

I saw that episode a month ago maybe, and it has been in my head consistently since then. Especially since it was right around Christmas, when my wife was constantly dragging me to malls.

Why would they be recording at the Canadian ambassador's house? Especially since they're in Dublin, where their studio is. Unless they're fumigating the studio for fleas/rats/stalker fans living inside the walls, etc. :wink:

:shifty:

Why would they be recording at the Canadian ambassador's house? Especially since they're in Dublin, where their studio is. Unless they're fumigating the studio for fleas/rats/stalker fans living inside the walls, etc. :wink:

:shifty:

Sometimes artists likes to record in different places to find new feelings or sounds, it's not that odd.

Looking forward to hearing it. Have no idea really what it will sound like at this point but that is a good thing....I hope it feels new and fresh and not old and rehashed but I got confidence in the boys!

I think that Danger Mouse could potentially cause some neat stuff to be created. He's "hip and relevant", I guess, but he also makes really interesting music that could potentially work really well with U2's style (in my estimation). I'm pretty excited for this album.

I think that Danger Mouse could potentially cause some neat stuff to be created. He's "hip and relevant", I guess, but he also makes really interesting music that could potentially work really well with U2's style (in my estimation). I'm pretty excited for this album.

Hell yeah. He's a pretty creative individual who takes projects from multiple angles.

Stuff like The Grey Album, Demon Days, and both Gnarls Barkley albums... multidimensional approach to music.

If the album goes through and U2 releases with a primary producer of Danger Mouse, and the quality is as good as those mentioned above for U2, it has the potential to be a really, really good album.

But back to reality -- when are they going to call Eno/Lanois/Lillywhite so they can get started on the album?

And the project "Dark Night Of The Soul" is really good too. Any album where David Lynch cowrites 2 songs is damn cool!

Back
Top Bottom