[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do recall another poster had a similar degree of confidence prior to HTDAAB that U2 would never call a song Fast Cars.

(Though I have always agreed with #2 and said that even if there is a "Boots" title, it's not going to be Sexy Boots. Shame that Get On Your Boots is still just as dreadful.)

They are just song titles! Big deal I think its a lot more fun then the usual U2 song titles. Lets wait to hear the songs. IE Never judge a book by its cover. And in this case I like its cover very much!

Sexy boots is fun/ not serious and different then other titles they done in the past. I though you all wanted U2 to be different and here they are being different and yet we complain hmm...

I though you all wanted U2 to be different and here they are being different and yet we complain hmm...

It's funny how when HTDAAB came out, people complained that the songs didn't sound like they did on the beach clips. Now, we have people complaining that they don't want the songs to sound like the beach clips. :doh:

Imo Sexy Boots as a title sounds cringeworthy, I wouldn't mind Get On Your Boots as much. :|

But it all matters musically.

They are just song titles! Big deal I think its a lot more fun then the usual U2 song titles. Lets wait to hear the songs. IE Never judge a book by its cover. And in this case I like its cover very much!

Sexy boots is fun/ not serious and different then other titles they done in the past. I though you all wanted U2 to be different and here they are being different and yet we complain hmm...

Yeah, you're right. Although I much rather Get On Your Boots, both are supposed to be fun, not everything that U2 does has to be serious (Take Zoo Station and Discotheque).

:)

Ugh. I knew somebody here would say this. WTAHNN, you never disappoint. In any case, perhaps you should try reading before posting. I was talking specifically about the title, not the song itself, and wrote this:

If that does prove to be the title, let's just hope it's a good song to compensate.

And with regards to your other point:

How is this anything new? Did you miss out on Party Girl, Big Girls Are Best, Lady With The Spinning Head, Spanish Eyes, Elevation, Fast Cars, Xanax And Wine, etc.? They're all "fun/ not serious".

I'm sure the subject matter of the song will determine if Get on Your Boots or Sexy Boots is an appropriate title for the song.

Ah, marching girls? This could be something totally out of left field and a little off the wall for U2, like the Discotheque video. I'm diggin' it already.

- On a side note, anybody know how long it was between the filming of the video for "Vertigo" and the release of the single?

While some are already predicting that this will be the lead-off track on the album, I really don't think so. They may have done this for the last 3 albums, but this would already give the new album a HTDAAB feel. I don't think GOYB particularly sounds like Vertigo, but it would achieve the same purpose of a high-energy lead-off track. And I think U2 want to stay away from Bomb sequencing/tracklisting. Plus that riff just exploding out at the beginning of the album? That would sound pretty bad, unless there is some different intro that isn't included in the beach clip.

Edit: And aren't we done discussing the title of this song?? That was so last summer.

I'm pretty sure the video for Vertigo was filmed 14-15 September, only a week and a half before the song was on the radio!
The video for Beautiful Day was shot early August and I'm pretty sure that song was on radio by the end of that month.
Seemingly, the video clip for the lead off single is shot a few weeks before going to radio, and 2 months or so before the release of the album.
Still a chance at February!

While some are already predicting that this will be the lead-off track on the album, I really don't think so. They may have done this for the last 3 albums, but this would already give the new album a HTDAAB feel. I don't think GOYB particularly sounds like Vertigo, but it would achieve the same purpose of a high-energy lead-off track. And I think U2 want to stay away from Bomb sequencing/tracklisting. Plus that riff just exploding out at the beginning of the album? That would sound pretty bad, unless there is some different intro that isn't included in the beach clip.

I always thought the song "NLOTH" was the lead single. There have been other videos made before, particularly that one in Spain with the motorcyclist and all.

They are really confusing us. :huh:

All I can say is you had better get on your boots on January 1st 2009! - Still think that would be a great way to ring in the new year.

Nooo! I still have hope that "Sexy boots" are just a rumor!:doh:

It's an awful song title and i couldn't imagine what kind of song it will be...

Please, let Breathe and Moment of Surrender make the tone of the song titles... I'm still expecting something like a short film video like the one they shoot in Spain... No Line on the Horizon kind of mood hehe

I always thought the song "NLOTH" was the lead single. There have been other videos made before, particularly that one in Spain with the motorcyclist and all.

They are really confusing us. :huh:

I don't think anyone thought that, or only a small few. Really, no one had any indication until now what was the lead single. Barely an inclination before this, if anything, and I don't ever recall NLOTH being the lead single.

I think it would be odd if they made the lead single and the album the same name.

Here's my totally fake (but not totally unlikely) tracklisting:

CD 1:
Get on Your Boots (Single Edit)
Desire (live from O2, Dublin December 2008)
Van Dieman's Land (live from O2, Dublin December 2008)

CD 2:
Get on Your Boots (Single Edit)
Get on Your Boots (will.i.am's Bitches in Knee Highs Mix)
Get on Your Boots (will.i.am's Sexy MoFo Dub Mix)
Get on Your Boots (Wellingtons vs Uggs Extended Trance Version)

Released 02/02/09

I really don't get all the uproar over a title like 'Sexy Boots' (even though we know it's more likely 'Get On Your Boots'). Sure, it's corny and odd. So are titles like 'Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car,' 'Red Hill Mining Town,' 'Mofo,' and others, all of which turned out to be sweet songs. And then there's love for 'Breathe,' which could just as easily be a Celine Dion title. Seriously, the titles mean next to nothing in the end.

'Father Is An Elephant,' baby, 'Father Is An Elephant.' :drool:
:wink:

Ok thanks!
So... i don't dig it too much, i think the "chorus" is a little boring... although the guitar riff sounds very promising, with a good prodution could be a grower.

I still think that Breathe is miles away better, a killer first single. :drool:

I don't think anyone thought that, or only a small few. Really, no one had any indication until now what was the lead single. Barely an inclination before this, if anything, and I don't ever recall NLOTH being the lead single.

I think it would be odd if they made the lead single and the album the same name.

Funnily enough, I don't know how I got the thought that NLOTH was the lead single. I think it may have been because of that news/rumours about the video shoot in Spain a few months back.

Or I'm just confusing myself.

Back
Top Bottom