[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, that's the article.

Says it's the best thing they've ever done, not just saying that cause he's best friends with them.

Very innovative.

Reminds him of the Beatles when they were at their peak.

Again, take it for what it's worth. Bill Flannigan thought HTDAAB was U2's best work too.

The hype continues!

Yes, that's the article.

Says it's the best thing they've ever done, not just saying that cause he's best friends with them.

Very innovative.

Reminds him of the Beatles when they were at their peak.

Again, take it for what it's worth. Bill Flannigan thought HTDAAB was U2's best work too.

The hype continues!

yeah, while i try not to get excited about all these comments, it just seems like everyone is using the word "innovative", which is exciting. i just hope everyone isn't expecting a "Kid A" type album though.

the beach clips were shit anyhow... no offence to those who tapped them but you could barley hear anything :down:

Complete waste of time...

What?

I did not work with equalizers and stuff like that, I just listen to these clips on my headphones, in face I'm listening to them right now, and they are not that bad in quality ... in fact you can hear most of the songs very well.

Beach Clip No 3 ... You don't know how beautiful you are ..... Wow.

Btw, I'm almost sure Bono is singing "Get on you Boots" towards the end of the song. You cannot hear it so well because of the waves and the talking, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's singing.

Did anyone else see the fantastic picture of U2 in Olympic Studios in London in the Guardian newspaper (UK & Ireland) today... It's the full centre spread in the middle of the paper (and will make a great poster!).

It's taken looking down on this huge room - the Live Room of the studios - and every inch of it is covered in instruments, amps, gear, what look like the carpets from the Fez sessions. Bono is off in one corner playing a grand piano and Adam is in the foreground (you can see his tea making apparatus too!). Unfortunately Edge and Larry aren't around. Really great picture though.

The caption just says that U2 are putting the finishing touches to their 12th studio album in Olympic Studios, London and that it's expected to be released early next year.

More publicity pointing to things hotting up a bit...

Heres the pic.... Cameraphone image of a well folded newspaper but you get the idea! :wink:

DSC02282.jpg

And no, I can't make out anything that's written on the music stand in the foreground - just pixellated dots...! hehe

Awesome. :drool:

Hype can always have the potential to be fairly empty, but this hype is working for me. What I love most about what's going on right now is that it's not U2 doing any of they hype---it's all kinds of people associated with them. By keeping their own mouths zipped for the moment, they're doing a great job of building up some mystery and excitement. :combust:

Notice Bono's rug (the one at the front) is really huge compared to Adams!! And Edge's is completely plain (over on the left!)... Larry dosent bother with a rug at all.... Oh the psychology of it! :wink:

Yeah it's definitely Bono on the piano! The other two aren't to be seen... It's quite a set up they have there for "final mastering" don't you think....:hmm:

Maybe they are actuallly working out live versions of some of the new stuff while they are there. Yay now theres a happy thought! :hyper:

Yeah it's definitely Bono on the piano! The other two aren't to be seen... It's quite a set up they have there for "final mastering" don't you think....:hmm:

Maybe they are actuallly working out live versions of some of the new stuff while they are there. Yay now theres a happy thought! :hyper:

It's only mixing...the mastering is done by a man out in Los Angeles named Arnie Acosta who has been mastering U2's discs for almost 20 years.

Also this shot might have been/probably was taken back in Sept/Oct. when they were still tinkering with the recording...I'm pretty positive at this stage that the album has been mixed and is now set to be mastered.

oh wow, I didn't even notice Bono! Damn, seeing him on the piano is very exciting for some reason...It makes me he hopeful that we're going to get something very interesting :up:

YouTube - Re: NEW U2 TOTALLY REAL AND NOT FAKE

Yeah, the riff is no "Vertigo" (say what you will about the song, but the Edge really struck gold on that one, IMO... though by no means the "mother of all rock songs," as Bono would have you believe :wink:), but it's not crap. I think, in this particular case, it's gonna all boil down to the production (something you definitely cannot tell based purely on the beach clips).

I think this riff puts Vertigo to shame.

What says that this video is for the first single? :) There is another video already recorded(might be a specialvideo for the extra dvd in the new album), Boots can also be the second single...

Back
Top Bottom