U2 at The Culture Show BBC Two - Cue Culture: the interference culture show evening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that was a perfect live version of Boots... I too take back back what I said!

NLOTH was excellent. I thought Bono, in particular, sounded great - esp during the bridge. Can't wait to see this one live! :hyper:

For those who couldn't watch (hopefully it will pop up online somewhere, apologies that I'm useless and have no idea how I could have recorded this :reject:):

It was part interview, part review of U2's history with old footage etc., and also with a few other people (journalists, Bob Geldof) commenting on the band and their career. Then they were in the repetition room with them and we got to hear NLOTH and Boots, but with some talking on top. So it wasn't in front of an audience or anything, just the band practising the songs. On the radio show earlier tonight you could hear them practice Magnificient, so it's possible we'll get that on the 'uncut' version on Friday after Jonathan Ross.

It was kind of interesting, the tone was a bit critical, or at least not sucking up to U2 at all, acknowledging that they are very popular but many people are annoyed with them, is Bono's political work overshadowing the band, is the album really going to be good, etc.

Bono was his usual over-enthusiastic self in the interview :hug:

For those who couldn't watch (hopefully it will pop up online somewhere, apologies that I'm useless and have no idea how I could have recorded this :reject:):

It was part interview, part review of U2's history with old footage etc., and also with a few other people (journalists, Bob Geldof) commenting on the band and their career. Then they were in the repetition room with them and we got to hear NLOTH and Boots, but with some talking on top. So it wasn't in front of an audience or anything, just the band practising the songs. On the radio show earlier tonight you could hear them practice Magnificient, so it's possible we'll get that on the 'uncut' version on Friday after Jonathan Ross.

It was kind of interesting, the tone was a bit critical, or at least not sucking up to U2 at all, acknowledging that they are very popular but many people are annoyed with them, is Bono's political work overshadowing the band, is the album really going to be good, etc.

Bono was his usual over-enthusiastic self in the interview :hug:

you don't have to be sorry :sexywink:

OHH it sounds interesting :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Why is this thread only 7 pages? :lol:

Any video link available? I couldn't watch at the BBC website.

NLOTH live :drool: Can't wait to see and hear it.

:hyper: NLOTH. Was it like the album version with the synth or more like NLOTH2 ?

It was very similar to the album version, but more guitar driven and no synth that I could notice. So Edge was sort of working the guitar a bit more, especially after the bridge, when he comes back in it really kicked ass :drool: The end sounded really good but they started talking over it:angry:

Bono sounded absolutely fabulous, as good or better than on the album.

But overall it seems they stuck to the album structure and style pretty closely. But they've only started playing it live, it could evolve. Anyways it sounded very, very good.

thank god we have bbc in te netherlands.
sounded really good. was surprised by boots which actually sounded decent live for the first time

I think whoever described it as stripped down album version was right, and it will be nothing like that on tour. It was a good performance with the basic elements all there, but without any backing vocals and the added guitar and effects that make the album version so dramatic.

I think come the tour it will sound a lot BIGGER and Edge will get involved with the vocals come the bridge and rip it open!

Decent little show!

loved the inconsistancy from Bono: one crap abum and you are out".
well if this was he case :wave:

That means he admits U2 has one crap album, it used to be "two crap albums".

ah I see. Well, no worries Bono, no line isn't crap so :wink:
do they have to be crap in a row or just in your whole collection?
If that was the case it is even more exciting with each new record

That means he admits U2 has one crap album, it used to be "two crap albums".

Yeah he said that in the NRJ interview didn't he? He also said though along with it that they hadn't put out a crap album yet. He said they'd released albums that weren't as good as others, but no crap albums. I wonder why he's saying 1 crap album now...

Bah. I want them on Jools Holland playing White as Snow and Moment of Surrender. Those songs seem appropriate for the setting.

Yeah he said that in the NRJ interview didn't he? He also said though along with it that they hadn't put out a crap album yet. He said they'd released albums that weren't as good as others, but no crap albums. I wonder why he's saying 1 crap album now...

the end is near :sad:

Back
Top Bottom