U2: 3 Nights Live-Taking over the airwaves March 9-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
FMQB RADIO SPECIAL ::: U2 3 Nights Live :::

FMQB Productions & Interscope Records present U2 3 Nights Live

In a rare, radio extravaganza, U2 is taking over the airwaves of North America for three consecutive nights. U2 3 Nights Live will find Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr. and Adam Clayton in a different city for three unique broadcasts on March 9, 10 and 11 in celebration of their new release, No Line On The Horizon.

Monday, March 9 LIVE from Los AngelesAn Inside Look At No Line On The Horizon
Time: 9-10pm Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by Shirley Manson

Tuesday, March 10 LIVE from ChicagoRadio Takeover featuring a deejay set by U2
Time: 9-10pm Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by Shirley Manson

Wednesday, March 11 LIVE from BostonFeaturing live performance and audience Q&A with U2
Time: 9-10m Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by TBA

U2 3 Nights Live will be delivered via satellite on ABC Satellite Services and
Westwood One in the United States.

There is one :30 second commercial contained within the program each night.

This program is not market exclusive.

U2 3 Nights Live is intended to run as a three part series.

:hyper:

OMG -- This is excellent news. Thanks for posting! :drool: :D

Any information on what stations will air the show?

I'll ask my friend if he knows what stations will be airing this. He shot that email over to me today, assuming I already knew about it.

I can't find any further info on the FMQB site or Westwood One. Mind you the latter's site is too big for me to figure anything out. Maybe someone here will have better luck

FMQB RADIO SPECIAL ::: U2 3 Nights Live :::

Wednesday, March 11 LIVE from BostonFeaturing live performance and audience Q&A with U2
Time: 9-10m Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by TBA

From what I can tell, WBCN 104.1 is the biggest Westwood One station. So how will the Q&A session work :hmm:

For the boston show..

On the front page of The Rock of Boston - 104.1 WBCN - The Rock of Boston

MAJOR U2 CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT
The station that launched U2 in America drops major concert news at 7:15am Monday.

:hyper:

ZLX has it as well:

100.7 WZLX has a
MAJOR U2 Concert Announcement!

Be listening to Karlson & McKenzie at 7:20 Monday morning for a MAJOR U2 concert announcement!

Not so fast... this isn't what you might think.

Find out what we're talking about Monday morning at 7:20!

100.7 WZLX - Boston's Classic Rock - 100.7 WZLX has a MAJOR U2 Concert Announcement Monday Morning!

Is that this Monday

Of course it is.

Gawd...definitely going to try to see if I can finagle my way into that. Doesn't really get more intimate than being in a radio studio or tiny theater and seeing U2....would kick serious ass. :up:

So how does this normally work (for the Boston show). Do tickets go onsale or is it usually just contest winners from the radio? How did they handle the Irving Plaza show in New York before the Elevation tour?

ZLX has it as well:

100.7 WZLX has a
MAJOR U2 Concert Announcement!

Be listening to Karlson & McKenzie at 7:20 Monday morning for a MAJOR U2 concert announcement!

Not so fast... this isn't what you might think.

Find out what we're talking about Monday morning at 7:20!

100.7 WZLX - Boston's Classic Rock - 100.7 WZLX has a MAJOR U2 Concert Announcement Monday Morning!

Radio 92.9 is also saying tune in at 6am. So thats 3 Boston radio stations (that we know of) involved. Hopefully this is a massive event since they wont be back until September if the rumors are correct.

OK, so this isn't a one station exclusive, hopefully I'll be able to score some tickets.

So how does this normally work (for the Boston show). Do tickets go onsale or is it usually just contest winners from the radio? How did they handle the Irving Plaza show in New York before the Elevation tour?

Cant speak for Irving Plaza in 2001, but I know WBCN and WZLX are 2 stations who love to raffle off tickets via a trivia contest.

What is getting me about the Boston gig is it seems like the biggest live event of the 3, the one with the most Irving Plaza like potential, and our intimate little venues in the City- House of Blues(brand new) and Paradise(think Boy tour, US debut of U2 on BCN, Carter Allan days) are booked on 3/11. The Orpheum is a possibility, but working there, I kind of doubt it, its a piece of crap. City Hall Plaza or other outdoors- too cold, but then again, they are doing Fordham in the cold in NYC.

I know you can stream at least BCN live and ZLX probably too. Sounds like all of the affiliated stations will cover all 3 nights.

Great news. The promo machine is on its way to America w/ the same rigorous schedule as Britain it seems.

I'd like to know too, ClaytonsKitten!

And don't forget, some of these things could be pre-recorded to air on those nights, no?

Back
Top Bottom