Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if anything, we should perhaps be concerned that Q didn't sound more excited about these tracks. They are pretty Ra-ra about U2 (as well as other bands) and often seem very predetermined in what they choose to cover and review positively.

or are they trying not to hype it too much because they know how us U2 fans get? :wink:

"OMG! ITS ANOTHER POP"
"I HATE DA ALBUM CUZ WILL.I.AM. PRODUCED IT"
"EYELINER!?!?!?!"

or are they trying not to hype it too much because they know how us U2 fans get? :wink:

"OMG! ITS ANOTHER POP"
"I HATE DA ALBUM CUZ WILL.I.AM. PRODUCED IT"
"EYELINER!?!?!?!"

Haha! Your quotes just encapsulated at least 65% of the last 24 hours of posts.

Well maybe they haven't heard the final versions yet. They debated about No line on the horizon (I think) on which version is better.

Yeah, does anyone have a sense of when U2 was playing these songs for Q? It seems strange that the album sounds so unfinished when they have chosen a release date.

I think we can safely assume that the album is 100% finished now, since they've announced the release date. The Q interview was probably done a few weeks ago. Curious to see what version of NLOTH we'll get though...

Quite unusual for U2 to name an album after a song, no? (only October, UF and Zooropa)

Yeah, does anyone have a sense of when U2 was playing these songs for Q? It seems strange that the album sounds so unfinished when they have chosen a release date.

Probably a month or two ago maybe

Having two completely different versions of No Line sounds interesting to me, I wonder which one they'll go with

Probably a month or two ago maybe

Having two completely different versions of No Line sounds interesting to me, I wonder which one they'll go with

either way, it'll be cool because I'm sure we'll hear both versions, maybe even as a bonus track.

"Every Breaking Wave" (Bono: "We might be on to something special there.")

a shout out to the beach clips

I think we can safely assume that the album is 100% finished now, since they've announced the release date. The Q interview was probably done a few weeks ago. Curious to see what version of NLOTH we'll get though...

Quite unusual for U2 to name an album after a song, no? (only October, UF and Zooropa)

Naming an album after a song which has two completely different sounding versions is more interesting I feel

Anyone notice how October, TUF and Zooropa are all pretty atmospheric pieces...one can dream :drool:

either way, it'll be cool because I'm sure we'll hear both versions, maybe even as a bonus track.

It's conceivable, especially if this is a long album with around 14-15 tracks, that both versions could "work" on a single album. Many great albums have reprises or 2-part songs that are separated by other songs.

It's conceivable, especially if this is a long album with around 14-15 tracks, that both versions could "work" on a single album. Many great albums have reprises or 2-part songs that are separated by other songs.

...why did you have to say this...? :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

:lol: Yeah, it HAS to be the same song.

Give it up! Mercy won't be on the album.

I think he was being facetious and mocking the "reasoning" that many posters use to support their very bold, predictive claims. Of course similar length and starting letter are terrible indicators.

Well, at least I hope he was being facetious.

To try and put these Mercy/Moment of Surrender rumours to rest...

"There’s a song called Moment Of Surrender, which is seven and a half minutes long. Brian got the ball rolling with a suggestion for some chords and then we made a few adjustments and got to this set of changes that we really liked and then just kicked it off and we immediately realised there was something powerful going on."

Edge talks here about the Fez 2007 sessions. Eno had nothing to do with Mercy, that was composed and recorded in 2004. I doubt Mercy will be on the record. And for the record, I damn well hope it won't be.

To try and put these Mercy/Moment of Surrender rumours to rest...

"There’s a song called Moment Of Surrender, which is seven and a half minutes long. Brian got the ball rolling with a suggestion for some chords and then we made a few adjustments and got to this set of changes that we really liked and then just kicked it off and we immediately realised there was something powerful going on."

Edge talks here about the Fez 2007 sessions. Eno had nothing to do with Mercy, that was composed and recorded in 2004. I doubt Mercy will be on the record. And for the record, I damn well hope it won't be.

Amen. There are a lot of song speculations going on right now that could be put to rest with similar analyses.

This immediately made me think of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise.
Although highly unlikely, how amazing would that be? An initial layered "slow burner" tune and then an up tempo version to finish off the album. I Don't know whether it would fit into the context of this project, but we can dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom