Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when is that suggestion being implemented that users cannot start new threads in this forum. At least for the coming 4 months or so.
:|

Hey, I got excited and I didn't see it anywhere else right away. I'm sorry if it's already out there. Close it if need be. There's going to be a lot of this with everything starting to happen quickly.

yeah I agree this thread should stay open, it sucks having to read through a million pages to find info although the proposed map thread is pretty good at getting info fast. Problem is even in proposed map thread people still speak of their opinions! We should have a thread just STRICTLY for new information and that is it, no discussion of what you think of the info on such a thread

I think this thread is good. It's much easier to check the titles, and discussion may be clearer and less cluttered here. right? I meen, already I've lost the links etc to the QU2 pages, which are enveloped within hundreds of other discussions. If that idea is ridiculous, than keep it open for when the other thread does get ridiculously full to the brim, overflowing with ecited posts :hyper:

So when is that suggestion being implemented that users cannot start new threads in this forum. At least for the coming 4 months or so.
:|

I'd love to see that happen, since most people did agree with me on that. :crack:
Like, the mods could start new threads when one runs to 1000, right? So we'd have discussion in the appropriate thread.

Well, I know for me, I wouldn't have seen this if there wasn't a new thread. I certainly wouldn't bother wading through the zillion pages of the speculation thread to look for this.

There definitely have been some new threads lately that didn't need to be posted, but this isn't one of them.

So thanks for posting, coemgen.

Well, I know for me, I wouldn't have seen this if there wasn't a new thread. I certainly wouldn't bother wading through the zillion pages of the speculation thread to look for this.

There definitely have been some new threads lately that didn't need to be posted, but this isn't one of them.

So thanks for posting, coemgen.

No problem.
:wink:

oh joy will.i.am worked on a song

Just cause it says will.i.am had a go on one of the songs doesn't mean they will use that version. If it's a great pop song, maybe they want a guy who specializes in pop to have a go with it.

What if it's a great pop song done by a great rock band, and will.i.am's production actually helps it?

I just don't see a "my hump" style song on this album, if that's what people are afraid of.

what i enjoy is that i hadn't heard of the majority of tracks...can't wait...not worried about william mix...it might not make it. I hope that the layered version of NLOTH makes it...sounds like the album is quite diverse.

Just cause it says will.i.am had a go on one of the songs doesn't mean they will use that version. If it's a great pop song, maybe they want a guy who specializes in pop to have a go with it.

What if it's a great pop song done by a great rock band, and will.i.am's production actually helps it?

I just don't see a "my hump" style song on this album, if that's what people are afraid of.

agreed. it's not like Jay Z rapping over a Coldpay song.:angry:

It could just be that they wrote an awesome pop song, and Danny/Brian couldn't get the mix right. They may all love the song so much it needs to be included....if the mix can get it correct.

Again, wouldn't get too worked up about little descriptions from Q. They're too vague and subjective anyway.

If Brian Eno is considering this their best work, that should say something. He's usually pretty critical.

It could just be that they wrote an awesome pop song, and Danny/Brian couldn't get the mix right. They may all love the song so much it needs to be included....if the mix can get it correct.

Again, wouldn't get too worked up about little descriptions from Q. They're too vague and subjective anyway.

If Brian Eno is considering this their best work, that should say something. He's usually pretty critical.

Yeah, if anything, we should perhaps be concerned that Q didn't sound more excited about these tracks. They are pretty Ra-ra about U2 (as well as other bands) and often seem very predetermined in what they choose to cover and review positively.

Bird or no bird, it makes a lot of sense that Beach Clip 1 would be Unknown Caller. The chorus is about calling out to someone after all. Plus the Q article describes is as 'stately' so that kind of fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom