Thread for people who have heard the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NLOTH is the sound of U2 failing to dismantle the atom bomb and exploding it in your face.
Or maybe it's the sound of U2 chopping down the Joshua tree.
In the end, it's a musical journey of sorts.

Yeah, one review singled out the "ATM" reference as one of the highpoints of the whole album.

I can't even begin to see a situation in which it would stand out; I can't help but think that the reviews that said it did are completely missing the point.

Yeah, one review singled out the "ATM" reference as one of the highpoints of the whole album.

I can't even begin to see a situation in which it would stand out; I can't help but think that the reviews that said it did are completely missing the point.

Wait till you hear the song, otherwise it's like discussing the lyrics "i want to run, I want to hide" without having heard the music: pointless.

U2 are about the whole package, the lyrics only make sense within the music

Wait till you hear the song, otherwise it's like discussing the lyrics "i want to run, I want to hide" without having heard the music: pointless.

Yeah, I agree, but as a fan of lyrics by themselves, and having seen the lyrics to Moment of Surrender, I have to say that it unquestionably works. I think not seeing that it works would be missing the point of the moment in the song and instead focusing on the fact that Bono said ATM machine.

I haven't heard anything at all from the new album but I have to say that your example has got to be spot on.

If someone quoted that lyric from J-Tree and I hadn't heard the song it might have triggered a negative rant about ridiculous lyrics.

I totally agree with you on having to hear "the whole package". I'm the sure the ATM mention is not only relevant to the context of the song but will blend in perfectly when we hear it.

Back
Top Bottom