Thoughts, reviews, opinions about WINDOW IN THE SKIES Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:
OH bono's vocals are horrible, the only thing thats holding it straight up is edge's falsetto and back up vox!
he sounded better live during JT AND ZOOTV than the studio versions of saints and WITS!! no clarity at all!!
YUCK
\]

You miss the mark here. His voice sounds a lot better now than in the last 2 albums.

But I do get a kick out of some of your posts...

Chizip said:

I agree with this. It's almost like candy. Sweet and delicious at first, so you eat a lot, but after a while you get a stomach ache and don't want to eat that candy again for a long time.

...but eventually, you WILL want to eat that candy again. thats what characterizes candy as opposed to things you don't want to eat.

Chizip said:

I agree with this. It's almost like candy. Sweet and delicious at first, so you eat a lot, but after a while you get a stomach ache and don't want to eat that candy again for a long time.

I've already got the stomach ache from this song. It might have to do with the high "Oh can't you see..." part being repeated like 600 times throughout the song.

The Slow Loris said:

Man, I actually agree with this. I woke up this morning with the "Oh can't you see...." refrain playing in my head over and over and over and over and....well, you get the idea. I think that's the only part they may have gone wrong with. They could have toned down the number of repetitions of the chorus. It is like candy. There again, candy isn't a bad thing. Only when you eat too much of it....which some of us apparently have. :sexywink:

Wow, I agree 2000% with the above posts! That "Oh can't you see" line gets old very fast. I think that is the biggest flaw in this song. Otherwise it really is gorgeous and is growing on me fast!

U2Man said:
thats what characterizes candy as opposed to things you don't want to eat.

As opposed to the aforementioned musical dingleberry.

thank you thank you thank you!!!
PEOPLE WITH BRAINS AND SENSE!!
Ive just been on the zoo, never again. I was on the windows review thread and EVERYONE hated it except a handfull of people including me!!!.I beleive everyone has the right to an opinion but ffs i am really irritated because the topic was started with "its time for U2 to retire after that its shit"

some one said they didnt like it as you couldnt hear bono when you could hear the drums!, i mean honestly i wanted to knock their heads on the floor and shake sense into them physically.
Other criticisms were the lyrics dont make sense,
"oh cant you see what your love has done, to every broken heart, ...to every heart that cries...to me etc.."
what is so mysterious about that!

My personal view?, its a fantastic song!,from a diff angle, its like sweetest thing and shfwilf rolled up with some new lyrics with some luvly zoo lemon dripped over the top!!!
but you cant look at it from the same as other songs that have gone before as its a new angle, and damn it works so well!.

Thankyou for understanding my brains view, I thought i was doomed to being stuck up my arse and clueless about the band I live for when i was on the zoo!!

Oh i need a lie down..

[could a mod please delete my reply in the magic is back with windows please]

Loving it still, and the fact they didn't go into what 99% of bands would do and make a HUGE chorus (a la OOTS or Kite) but keep it soft and toned down.

U2girl said:
Loving it still, and the fact they didn't go into what 99% of bands would do and make a HUGE chorus (a la OOTS or Kite) but keep it soft and toned down.

but it does have a huge chorus.....:confused:

xaviMF22 said:

its better than anything on the piece of shit that is known as HTDAAB:|

but other than that it is an "OK" song

I like it:wink:

You're mean to HTDAAB. :sad:

I like arguing with you about this stuff, but I won't. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

thats cause it sucks...but thats my opinion

BITCHES1!!1:whistle:

So...when does 402 leak?

402-1.1105158266.thumb2.jpg

YEEEAH BITCHES!!!1!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Finally heard this (the album version). A thoroughly average song for U2, lacking any originality...but, um, it's hummable and has some nice moments. Gets rather weak and clunky around the 2:18 mark, but makes up for it with the melodic last minute or so.

Judah said:
Finally heard this (the album version). A thoroughly average song for U2, lacking any originality...but, um, it's hummable and has some nice moments. Gets rather weak and clunky around the 2:18 mark, but makes up for it with the melodic last minute or so.
Give yourself another 20 minutes with it, and then get back to me. :wink:

The Slow Loris said:

Give yourself another 20 minutes with it, and then get back to me. :wink:

Yeah, i did, and...

...you're right...i am kinda loving it. Really stays with you after even just a second listen...how long will the attraction to the song last? Don't know. But I totally see all the Beatles comparisons (and JL's Instant Karma-ishness).

[Still have to say that there's not a joule of originality here...but that's ok. It's just for a greatest hits package.]

Haha, be careful though: it's like candy! It's great but only in small doses. Your statement, "I'm kinda loving it," sums up this song perfectly. It's instant gratification like this that makes infatuation the killer of true love! Actually, this song probably has more unbridled joy in one line than any other U2 album put together. Even joyful songs like 'Beautiful Day' and 'Wild Honey' always had some shades, some dark corners to draw contrast.....but this, well this, is nothing but pure candy -- and I say this despite lyrics like, "Did everything but murder you and I," which are no match for all the jubilation. It's totally drowned out by all the brightness.

The Slow Loris said:
Haha, be careful though: it's like candy! It's great but only in small doses. Your statement, "I'm kinda loving it," sums up this song perfectly. It's instant gratification like this that makes infatuation the killer of true love! Actually, this song probably has more unbridled joy in one line than any other U2 album put together. Even joyful songs like 'Beautiful Day' and 'Wild Honey' always had some shades, some dark corners to draw contrast.....but this, well this, is nothing but pure candy -- and I say this despite lyrics like, "Did everything but murder you and I," which are no match for all the jubilation. It's totally drowned out by all the brightness.

Ha. Maybe they shoulda titled it "Instant Gratification."

Yes, ok, very jubilatory. The last minute and a half's the best.

(But, ugh, "soul" and "knees.")

The Slow Loris said:
Even joyful songs like 'Beautiful Day' and 'Wild Honey' always had some shades, some dark corners to draw contrast.....but this, well this, is nothing but pure candy -- and I say this despite lyrics like, "Did everything but murder you and I," which are no match for all the jubilation. It's totally drowned out by all the brightness.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of 'A Day Without Me'. A song about suicide, but you'd never know with the Edge's very happy guitar riff.

Back
Top Bottom