Thoughts on how these new songs will sound live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snuffleupagus

Babyface
I'm really excited to hear them. Personally I'm very curious to hear California live because I think the vocal is amazing, but I fear that may just be a scorcher for bono live.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All I can really say with certainty is I don't think they will attempt "Raised by Wolves". Seems like a difficult one to pull off, vocally, and the changes might be hard to duplicate. Great song, but it's mood doesn't seem conducive to a live concert.

All I can really say with certainty is I don't think they will attempt "Raised by Wolves". Seems like a difficult one to pull off, vocally, and the changes might be hard to duplicate. Great song, but it's mood doesn't seem conducive to a live concert.

They would have to bring live wolves on stage. I'd be very disappointed if they played the song and didnt do that.

It'd be kind of an awkward transition, but....Raised By Wolves into Bad at a couple of shows? Kind of a little Andy Rowen set in the middle of concerts.

The Miracle is almost surely going to be the opener, but imagine a midset place of "the most beautiful sound I've ever heard..." flowing into Streets. :drool:

I hope there are promotional performances planned for this fall, when the album gets a physical release. I cannot imagine them not performing the new songs before the tour starts sometime in 2015.

I think Volcano has the potential to be a bit more meaty and fleshed out live.

California will be great live. Love that warm synth effect.

These songs will definitely be played live:
Miracle,
EBW,
Volcano
Cali
Iris

I hope they play but not sure:

The troubles
Sleep like a baby
This is where you can reach me now

Doubtful:

Wolves