This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

And you're basing this on...?

This has been my favorite track since my first listen.

And no, I haven't heard any songs better than TIWYCRMN or The Troubles by anyone this year. :shrug:

Doesn't make it the best album of the year, but I still think U2's peaks are better than that anyone else still making music.

And no, I haven't heard any songs better than TIWYCRMN or The Troubles by anyone this year. :shrug:

Doesn't make it the best album of the year, but I still think U2's peaks are better than that anyone else still making music.

agreed + the song Raised By Wolves too. :applaud:

I find a lot of your posts are sarcastic, so I felt this followed accordingly.

If I stand corrected, then I agree with you that it is a very good song. Fun, filled with energy and a sound unlike anything else on this album or most U2 albums for that matter.

I really like this tune.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Unfortunately, there's no logic when it comes to selecting singles for U2 albums. This song, along with Invisible, California and Crystal Ballroom are absolutely evident choices for a worldwide album promotion, as they are very powerful songs.

But well, we already had Miracle as the presentation single, so there's no logic at all. And this is a huge cause for this album's irrelevance.
For me, one of the best albums of this decade, and it still doesn't have a proper single being promoted worldwide.

I've been listening to Invisible this week and it sounds so good!

California is scheduled to drop in early May here in the U.S. if I have any sway! :cheer: Perfect summer hit! Although, I do wonder if U2 can get anything played nowadays or what is going on with the release or non-release strategy. Perhaps we'll know come February when I do hope Bono is feeling more himself again.

Agree with this 100%. TIWYCRMN is for me the best song on the album, Troubles comes second. I hope that The Troubles becomes a single.

:up::up::up:

So how many here think this is one of the best songs U2 have ever recorded? Because I sure as hell do.

Really, really hope they play it live. It has the potential to be an absolute beast live, especially in an arena setting.

So how many here think this is one of the best songs U2 have ever recorded? Because I sure as hell do.

Really, really hope they play it live. It has the potential to be an absolute beast live, especially in an arena setting.
It's pushing to be in my top ten for sure.

Stopped dead in my tracks when I heard Reach Around over the PA while shopping at Marshalls the other day. :love:

I think ALL of the songs on this album have a chance to be a beast live. I think this was the intention and I feel the album will gain more momentum after all of these songs are played live in the arena.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Top 10? Ehh...I think it's one of their best post-2000 songs, but there's a LOT of competition for those 10 slots.

Top 20, now we can talk. And that's still not a lock.

I've been saying since the day the album dropped that this song should be the tour opener; and either this song or Invisible should've opened the album.
Best song on the album. Very different from what they've made before. It's a shame that they didn't go with their different sounding songs on the rest of the album. Because if the album had more Reach, Crystal Ballroom, Invisible and Raised By Wolves, this could've been an amazing album. Instead, they went with more conservative sounds of California, Miracle and Song For Someone.

I've been saying since the day the album dropped that this song should be the tour opener; and either this song or Invisible should've opened the album.
Best song on the album. Very different from what they've made before. It's a shame that they didn't go with their different sounding songs on the rest of the album. Because if the album had more Reach, Crystal Ballroom, Invisible and Raised By Wolves, this could've been an amazing album. Instead, they went with more conservative sounds of California, Miracle and Song For Someone.

Bono said that Soldier Soldier was the lead track on the album for nearly the entire time. It was its long intro that made them change their mind; if I recall correctly, fairly last minute.

Those other songs are on the album, but I understand you must be thinking of the FREE iTunes version. Agree that Invisible, Lucifer's Hand and Crystal Ballroom would have been brilliant on the album, but I'm not sure where. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any other song on the iTunes released SOI. To add in Invisible, LH and TCB would've made it overly long, so...

It would be terrific if TIWYCRMN would be a single. I want it and I think it's the right thing to do. Our small alternative station played it regularly upon SOI's release. Now they just play The Miracle and EBW, mostly acoustic EBW.

I don't dislike Miracle, California, and SFS; they're all solid songs imo. But what I was saying was that I wished that they continued more for a reach/ballroom/invisible sound.
Ballroom and Reach both have a pretty groovy vibe to it and Invisible has a cool electronic sound to it. Wish they would've gone in that direction instead of a more pop/mid tempo rock sound.

I don't dislike Miracle, California, and SFS; they're all solid songs imo. But what I was saying was that I wished that they continued more for a reach/ballroom/invisible sound.
Ballroom and Reach both have a pretty groovy vibe to it and Invisible has a cool electronic sound to it. Wish they would've gone in that direction instead of a more pop/mid tempo rock sound.

I could definitely go for that. And it makes you wonder what they have unfinished/nearly finished/demoed that they didn't complete...

I hope my hope isn't misplaced, but I'm counting on Songs of Experience to be more like the 2nd half of SOI and then the second half of SOE to lead us into SOA or whatever comes after SOE. I'm wondering if it will all be full circle. Or, I'm just over thinking/hoping.

What matters is that the band chose 11 songs to make the cut of the album proper.

The rest are non-album tracks, regardless of what crazy semantics people want to implement.

What matters is that the band chose 11 songs to make the cut of the album proper.

The rest are non-album tracks, regardless of what crazy semantics people want to implement.

Exactly, seriously one of the dumbest debates in interference history.

Agree that Invisible, Lucifer's Hand and Crystal Ballroom would have been brilliant on the album, but I'm not sure where. I wouldn't want to sacrifice any other song on the iTunes released SOI. To add in Invisible, LH and TCB would've made it overly long, so...

Why overly long?? Is there a rule somewhere that an album must have only 11 tracks? :scratch:

As for the thread topic, Reach Me Now is one of the best songs on this album! :up:

Reach me Now and Crystal Ballroom are the best singles for this album, and even in a time where rock is so hard to promote, I have no doubts that any of those would be strong hits in a lot of countries.

What a shame the band and O'shity didn't think the same way. They are losing the opportunity to be relevant like they want to be.

Reach me Now and Crystal Ballroom are the best singles for this album, and even in a time where rock is so hard to promote, I have no doubts that any of those would be strong hits in a lot of countries.

What a shame the band and O'shity didn't think the same way. They are losing the opportunity to be relevant like they want to be.

Truth :up:

:up::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom