This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the production of the The Edge on this one. He's got 3 awesome funky riffs going on - all "off to the side" a bit...coming in one at a time.

Not sure if I like the Adams Family synth...it has Broken Bells all over it.

I love the production of the The Edge on this one. He's got 3 awesome funky riffs going on - all "off to the side" a bit...coming in one at a time.

Not sure if I like the Adams Family synth...it has Broken Bells all over it.

Adams Family synth :lol:

I love it.

Never expected to hear this song on the radio....but it happend last night. This is a 'grower' for me.

This should have been the first single! It's the best song on the album and I think the most accessible for non-fans or casual fans of the band. I feel like it's a cross between Mysterious Ways and Fast Cars.:applaud:

Radio play for this one?! Awesome.
I live in Holland, very near to the Belgian border. I was in the car last night and suddenly this song was played by a Belgian radio station. It was definitely a nice surpise. I heard The Mirace the day before on Dutch radio, but that wasn't very surprising, this was....

I live in Holland, very near to the Belgian border. I was in the car last night and suddenly this song was played by a Belgian radio station. It was definitely a nice surpise. I heard The Mirace the day before on Dutch radio, but that wasn't very surprising, this was....

Which radio station ? :lol: I need it. I live close to the border too.

Together with Volcano and Sleep like a Baby Tonight they make the album's trio of songs that sound like new U2.
U2 rejuvenated, or 2014 U2.

Opening drums sound like Seconds. Guitar intro I get Monkey Man moreso than Gimme Shelter, but either way it sounds great. Like the drums and the smooth flow. Super clean production. Interesting to hear the DM stuff its a very diferent sound than we are used to. After about 10 listens I put this track in the middle of the pack. So much good material on the album it's really difficult to rank songs. Nice problem to have...

Thankyou, Explorer and Vlaco. Yeah, 3fm just picked Miracle as the single of the week .
So I figure maybe Stubru is following on that soon.

I was hoping for TIWYCRMN though. But 3fm mostly plays singles.

This has quickly become one of my favourites. Not just on SOI but U2 tracks in general.

What a tune. :dance:

Thankyou, Explorer and Vlaco. Yeah, 3fm just picked Miracle as the single of the week .
So I figure maybe Stubru is following on that soon.

I was hoping for TIWYCRMN though. But 3fm mostly plays singles.
You're welcome. On first listen, I wasn't quiete impressed by this song, but I like it better with every listen. Good job U2!

...does anyone else feel like the beat is very.....Halloween sounding? Like a horror movie/spooky sounding beat? Even they way he sings "College" sounds like they are "coming to get you".

LOL YES! Thank you, I thought I was the only one!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's been stuck in my head all morning and I'm not sick of it yet. ;)

Edit**

And it gets better with replays!

Back
Top Bottom