This is the best U2 album since......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Songs i discard from each album:

SOI - 2 out of 11
Leave Behind - 4 out of 11
Bomb - 3 out of 11 or 4 out of 12
No line - 5 out of 11
Pop - 6 out of 12
Zooropa - 5 out of 10

Im still going best since Pop, but I must say(this a bold statement), it might be being placed on top of that second shelf with, Pop ATYCLB, ZOOROPA AND WAR. Still can't crack into the Pantheon of TUF, AN, TJT.

I'm going to go with best since Pop. ATYCLB had some very resonant songs but some really shitty ones too, and I think the amazing tour paints a rosy color over my opinion of the album. Bomb has some great songs but lacks a certain guts and bottom end. It's just, not quite. NLOTH has a couple of absolutely killer songs but, you know. The middle three. Pop combined strong songs with a dirty, destructive, ferocious intensity that made it memorable, if not always pretty. SOI has a bit too much polish for my taste, esp. the front 3 but the process of getting one stuck in my head (which happens often) always results in me liking the songs more rather than less. It grows lyrically in particular. The lyric gains in gravitas and meaning with repetition rather than the reverse, a strange phenomenon that I find myself loving.

I'm going to go with best since Pop. ATYCLB had some very resonant songs but some really shitty ones too, and I think the amazing tour paints a rosy color over my opinion of the album. Bomb has some great songs but lacks a certain guts and bottom end. It's just, not quite. NLOTH has a couple of absolutely killer songs but, you know. The middle three. Pop combined strong songs with a dirty, destructive, ferocious intensity that made it memorable, if not always pretty. SOI has a bit too much polish for my taste, esp. the front 3 but the process of getting one stuck in my head (which happens often) always results in me liking the songs more rather than less. It grows lyrically in particular. The lyric gains in gravitas and meaning with repetition rather than the reverse, a strange phenomenon that I find myself loving.

I agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I agree with it as well, though it's odd to accuse The Bomb of lacking guts and not saying the same thing about its predecessor. Because it has more energy than ATYCLB.

I agree with all of this.

Flattered_blaine_gif.gif

I agree with it as well, though it's odd to accuse The Bomb of lacking guts and not saying the same thing about its predecessor. Because it has more energy than ATYCLB.
It's hard to name exactly what it is that's lacking about Bomb, because I really like all the songs. It may not be fair to say that it isn't hungry or lacks teeth because that's exactly how the band describes making it, but that's what I feel about it. There's a certain sense of bloat. My issue with ATYCLB is not so much that it lacks energy but that I just hate a couple of the songs.

It is better than POP and Bomb because I like SOI better.
It isn't as good as No Line and ATYCLB because I like those albums better.

For me certainly the best since AB.

Because:

Zooropa-great experimental album, but it should have been an EP, first half is absolutely amazing, the second half of the album is quite weak

Pop- they tried to be innovative and progressive, but they failed badly, it wasn´t rock record, it wasn´t pop record, it wasn´t dance record, it was mish mash without direction with some awfully plain songs like Playboy Mansion or Miami

ATYCLB- for me their worst album, they denied themselves and their musical authenticity with their lust to stay relevant in the pop charts and gain some pop kids, the radio friendly, balls-less production is really teriible, it feels like someone took those songs and tried to choke them as much as possible, whatta shame

Bomb- great songs, but it didn´t work as an album, moreover the master of the album was just a pure pain

NLOTH-some very unconvential musical ideas and something really fresh, unfortunately most of it ended up tamed by classic safy sounding U2 production

definitely Pop. ATYCLB has a few classics, a few hidden gems, but also some pretty "meh" songs, and I feel it's a bit lacking in energy. HTDAAB... I just don't really like this album that much :lol: I loved it when it came out but it hasn't aged well. I never really feel like listening to it :/ NLOTH was solid, certainly better than the last two, but the only song from it I'd put in U2's top 25 of all time is Cedars Of Lebanon.

I can't decide between Zooropa and All That You Can't Leave Behind. Zooropa is just amazing and in their top with JT and TUF. However, ATYCLB has the classics and one of my favorite songs of all time, Kite. I prefer Kite over anything on the last 3 albums. EBW will be a classic, but it's not Kite level imo. So I just will have to leave this without choosing, it's too difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Zooropa.

Pop is very good, but SOI is excellent. I didn't expect this, but I absulutely love it. NLOTH is good, with 3 very weak songs. The first half of ATYLB is decent, afterwards it's mediocre or less. Bomb is a joke.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom