This is no use to anybody, but Play has a 'new album' link (not 18)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, U2's releasing a new album tomorrow, didn't you know? :wink:

Axver said:

I downloaded the leak a month ago. You're really behind the times. :tsk:

How amazing is Edge's solo in "You Know What Bono, Stuff The Kneeling Shit"? :drool: I knew Edge had it in him to write a fifteen minute song!

No, no, you guys have got it wrong. It's all about... Pie. :|

I mean, the whole deeper meaning in "You Know What Bono, Stuff The Kneeling Shit" really captures what Bono went through. Or not.

btw "These Sunglasses are too dark" has a similar riff to AMAAW right at the end - anyone else notice?

(Joke stops here)

GibsonGirl said:

How amazing is Edge's solo in "You Know What Bono, Stuff The Kneeling Shit"? :drool: I knew Edge had it in him to write a fifteen minute song!

And his singing is amazing too! Great lyrics! Maybe U2 should just dump Bono; this song proves he's just excess baggage. :happy:

Axver said:

And his singing is amazing too! Great lyrics! Maybe U2 should just dump Bono; this song proves he's just excess baggage. :happy:

really I'm thinking Edge should just go solo, I mean the fact that he can play drums with his feet while he plays guitar! extraordinary.

Larry's twenty minutes of robotic sounds on "I Give Up On Drums; Samples Are The Way To Go" was quite intriguing though...

overall though the album is too mainstream; U2 is losing it. so predictable.

AtomicBono said:

really I'm thinking Edge should just go solo, I mean the fact that he can play drums with his feet while he plays guitar! extraordinary.

Larry's twenty minutes of robotic sounds on "I Give Up On Drums; Samples Are The Way To Go" was quite intriguing though...

overall though the album is too mainstream; U2 is losing it. so predictable.

I think it's so mainstream because Adam left to do his solo Root Notes Of Chords album. I mean, there's something lacking ... it feels so manufactured to get past the lack of Adam. This band would be perfect if they just ditched Bono and got Adam back! :yes:

Axver said:

I think it's so mainstream because Adam left to do his solo Root Notes Of Chords album. I mean, there's something lacking ... it feels so manufactured to get past the lack of Adam. This band would be perfect if they just ditched Bono and got Adam back! :yes:

oh but I love Adam's solo work, I heard his next album is going to be Major Third Intervals of Scales... :drool: his solo efforts are just so innovative and nonrestrictive. Larry would never let him get away with something so experimental.

AtomicBono said:

oh but I love Adam's solo work, I heard his next album is going to be Major Third Intervals of Scales... :drool: his solo efforts are just so innovative and nonrestrictive. Larry would never let him get away with something so experimental.

In that case, maybe U2 should just dump both Bono and Larry, as Bono's dead weight and Larry's too restrictive. Adam and Edge could play duelling solos and we'd get to hear more of Adam's vocals. :drool:

martha said:

:whistle:

Bono on piano, Larry with drum loops, Adam on (spoon) percussion and Edge singing and writing all of the songs. He is definitely on fire, playing guitar, bass, keyboards and all kinds of other instruments.

Chris Thomas wanted to work with them but this time, Edge wants to produce on his own ("Sick of Bono politics and Larry moaning!", he reveals in the exclusive 30-minute interview).

My favorite part from "Kneel my Soul for Goal":

"We don't have to see
Poverty all around
Got to fight to be
I kneel toward the ground"

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom