Things you DO and DON'T wanna hear on this album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigjohn2441

Refugee
For me:

DO:

- 2 words GUITAR SOLOS - lets see what you can do Edge

DON'T:

-the words "heart" "soul" and "kneel" not ONCE.
-Bono singing, moaning, wailing, etc over said guitar solos
-another song with the same chord structure on the last 2 albums (walk on, crumbs from your table)

I do want: A good, coherent album

I do NOT want: A collection of 11 audience-bootleg-quality performances of Pride from the PopMart and Elevation Tours.

I'm not a big fan of slow songs/ballads so I'm hoping there are plenty of fast paced, upbeat songs on it.

DO: Delicate. Deep. Distinct.
DON'T: MOR pop-rock rubbish. Cliched lyrics. Band on auto (specificaly, it would be nice if Edge showed up this time).

I'd like to songs to be inspiring again. Not necessarily new sounds, but fresh ideas.

The don'ts... Not too much religious or politics inspired tracks.

Do: songs I like

Don't: songs I don't like

Pretty much the same for any album by any artist. ;)

Do Want:
-Let Edge run wild with amazing and breathtaking solos and riffs and parts. (eg. The Fly, Bullet)
-Some upbeat, rocky and kickass tracks that could be listened to all day. (eg, The Fly, Discotheque)
-If there is gonna be any slow ballads, I hope that they're emotional and filled with passion (eg. Stay, One) so that the listener won't get bored.

I Don't Want:
- Fillers, songs that you would skip at every listen of the album.
- Keep out words such as kneel, heart and soul.
- Just 11 songs.

I don't want to hear rhyming lyrics. Bono has overused this on the past few albums. It is very lame. Also don't want to hear multi-tracked vocals. The vocals don't sound real that way.

Do: songs I like

Don't: songs I don't like

Pretty much the same for any album by any artist. ;)

:lol: Wait.. you listen to U2? :scratch:

It doesn't matter what I do or don't wanna hear on the album. It's not like Boner and co. are gonna look in here and make last minute changes.

DO:
Sound: Ethereal (like UF)
Haircut: Short simple (like POP)
DON'T:
Sound: Trying too hard just to sound different (like POP)
Haircut: Mullet (like UF)

Do: anything they fucking want. Whatever they feel is of merchantable quality.

Don't: Have everyone here whinge about it not being another achtung baby when they realise that they have developed the sound a bit more and its not exactly what they wanted:wave:

I thought you lost track of them in the 80s or something and haven't bothered with any of the recent albums?

I bought everything through R&H. Bought AB -- wasn't impressed and ditched it soon after. Haven't been impressed enough with what I've heard from them since to buy newer releases. I've heard most of the songs off the most recent one, but can't quite shake my feeling that I can listen to similar (but better to me) songs by listening to the early albums.

I usually know on just a couple of listens whether or not I'm going to like an album enough to buy it. Recently their albums haven't done it for me. Maybe this one will. If it does, good. If it doesn't, that's ok too.

(I don't mind that others like the albums I don't though. :) )

I'm not a big fan of slow songs/ballads so I'm hoping there are plenty of fast paced, upbeat songs on it.

It is sort of funny that you say that (and I totally agree with you) because the slow ballad is really the bread and butter of the band in a commercial sense. They own it as far as "rock" bands are concerned.

alright I realized this today....I don't know the right word, but I guess worried would work...I'm not actually worried about anything but this:

the SHITTIEST THING EVER would be if we got a tired sounding, scratchy, weak bono voice, or even at certain moments..I want to hear a brilliant vocal from the first second to the last second...

second shittiest thing ever would be if we got pop throwaway songs (basically cliche, boring lyrics)

I'm praaaaaaaaaaaaayyying we don't get either one of these, It would be verrryyy disappointing...

alright I realized this today....I don't know the right word, but I guess worried would work...I'm not actually worried about anything but this:

the SHITTIEST THING EVER would be if we got a tired sounding, scratchy, weak bono voice, or even at certain moments..I want to hear a brilliant vocal from the first second to the last second...

second shittiest thing ever would be if we got pop throwaway songs (basically cliche, boring lyrics)

I'm praaaaaaaaaaaaayyying we don't get either one of these, It would be verrryyy disappointing...

I'm pretty sure Bono's voice is in top form this time.

DO: A fresh, new sound that will kick the face of rock music into the 21st century.

DON'T: ATYCLB, HTDAAB radio-friendly safe Adult Top 40 BS.

I want:

Musical awesomeness.

Kickass lead single.

For U2 to destroy mainstream charts.

Enough said.

DON'T:

-the words "heart" "soul" and "kneel" not ONCE.
The don'ts... Not too much religious or politics inspired tracks.

I don't want to hear rhyming lyrics.

I'm thinking some of you may have never listened to a U2 album ever in your life...:scratch:

There's never been an album without; religious/political themes, rhyming lyrics, or those words...

I doubt it's going to start now.

I seriously doubt Bono's going to start writing free verse songs about liking ice cream, using some type of pastry as sexual inuendo, or wanting to hit the club...

I'm thinking some of you may have never listened to a U2 album ever in your life...:scratch:

There's never been an album without; religious/political themes, rhyming lyrics, or those words...

I doubt it's going to start now.

I seriously doubt Bono's going to start writing free verse songs about liking ice cream, using some type of pastry as sexual inuendo, or wanting to hit the club...

you dont think heart, soul, and kneel were over-used on HTDAAB? i do, in fact it got to the point of being almost cringe worthy, at least to me. of course when HTDAAB first came out, i thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but then that happy balloon slowly started to deflate. i guess 4 years between albums makes us so happy just to have new stuff that you cant really judge if its a good album or not until after it sinks in. :shrug:

wanting to hit the club...

I heard this guy makes an appearance on the new album...

50cent.jpg

Back
Top Bottom