The Troubles - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an exciting topic about a beautiful song.

Time to fill it with more exciting comments about the beauty of the song! ?

I listened to Love is Blindness recently and paid special attention to how it ends. Also not as extended as it is live, and one could argue it ends a bit abruptly too. I personally think both end just soon enough for you to want to replay it. ?

Is anyone else having issues with the play count on iTunes? Mine shows that Ive played this one over 400 times. lol

Now that is crazy! My play count seems to be working fine, The Miracle, EBW and California are all in the 60s, SFSO, Iris and Volcano are in the 50s, SLABT and TIWYCFM are in the 40s, RBW is 30s, Ceaderwood is in the 20s and ironically Troubles is in the teens.

The thing is I like the troubles but the other songs I like more. 400 is epic though, that like with or without you for me.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Is anyone else having issues with the play count on iTunes? Mine shows that Ive played this one over 400 times. lol

BTW....welcome to Interference! I see you just joined and you picked a really exciting time at that.

I listened to Love is Blindness recently and paid special attention to how it ends. Also not as extended as it is live, and one could argue it ends a bit abruptly too. I personally think both end just soon enough for you to want to replay it. ?

It definitely went on longer live, but there was a considerably longer fade out than what we have on The Troubles.

Maybe someone less lazy than me wants to time it.

BTW....welcome to Interference! I see you just joined and you picked a really exciting time at that.

Oh, thank you very much for the welcome! ☺️ I was pleasantly surprised to find out this site still stands. It is a pleasure to be among fellow U2 fans who truthfully love them - there is no end to LOVE. ?

This album has made me so happy about and for the band! And of course - not to go too much off topic - The Troubles just made me want to join this site and read/talk about it nonstop!

Just wanted to share my thoughts on The Troubles. It is a wonderfully moving song and a great closer. I cannot help wondering how the song would've sounded if The Edge had sung all the Lykke Li parts. I'm sure Bono wanted some of that indie cred though. I'm curious to see if Edge will sing this one live. Or will Lykke join them on stage? Hmmm. That one line "God knows it's not easy" I do find a bit cheesy/corny whatever. But it doesn't really ruin the song for me. Cedars of Lebanon was a great closer but this one is arguably even better, perhaps the best closer since Wake Up Dead Man.

I wish you could tag people to alert them to something on this site. Hey Laz, Headache, Nick - get over here and watch this!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

tumblr_ll95xzt21O1qf3y8so1_500.gif

That one line "God knows it's not easy" I do find a bit cheesy/corny whatever. But it doesn't really ruin the song for me.

Exactly! But the "Tori Amos" singing like part that comes right after it, saves it for me.

Anyone see a resemblance of Moment of Surrender in this song?

I'm seeing Lykke Li tonight. I'll give the first scoop if Bono descends onto the stage with an orchestra behind him.

Totally digging this song. This has been the biggest "grower" for me and I love it. Especially the build to the chorus with Edge's riff in the background. Love the chord progression through this part. Excellent song.

Okay so now we know it's about domestic violence I still need some help on these lyrics:

You think it's easier to give up on the trouble
If the trouble is destroying you
You think it's easier
But before you threw me a rope
It was the one thing I could hold on to.

Is this about suicide attempts in the bad relationship?

If this song isn't performed live at some point with Lykke Li and a full orchestra it will be a crime against humanity.

This song has Grammy written all over it, even if Lykke is not that well-known. It's too late for this year's deadline but if they release it as a single next year, I can't imagine this not getting nominations.

And then they can perform it on the telecast with said orchestra. Will bring down the house.

Back
Top Bottom