The Showman (little more better)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So .. I like Stand Up Comedy and always have. I’m not sure how you could have a strong negative opinion of that song and a remotely positive opinion of this one.

There is a little old lady we can talk to about that!

This song is fun but I just don’t care for it at the moment. It might grow on me given that the chorus is pretty cool but It is 2nd to last for me on the album proper ranking.

A shout out for the most fun song on the album. I just can't wait for Bono to pull the cute gal onto the stage to dance with him on this song.

The showman gives you front row to his heart
The showman prays his heartache will chart
Making a spectacle of falling apart
Is just the start of the show

Maybe I have never been been thoroughly listening to The Beatles hence I cannot compare, but with The Showman I am still not able to tell whether this is U2 I am listening to or it is The Kooks!

Coming around to this one, it's a little more better than I initially thought. A nice moment of lightheartedness on the album.

The only thing that really annoys me is the goofy voice Bono uses in the chorus, like he's hiccuping. LITTLE more, LITTLE more!

This song has some of my favorite lyrics on the album. It's a shame they spent (I was going to say wasted, but that would imply I don't like this song) them on sort of a throwaway song.

Not sure if its been stated.

I find this song to be the 'Wild Honey' of the album. Which is a good thing.

I remember Adam Clayton said he insisted Wild Honey to be on ATYCLB so people wouldn't jump out the window :lol:

There’s a Margaritaville-like vibe to this song that I can’t quite put my finger on. That’s the closest comparison I can think of right now. More on this later. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom