The Showman (little more better)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having a hard time getting hooked on this song. It’s fun and there’s really nothing wrong with it. It might grow on me though.

So .. I like Stand Up Comedy and always have. I’m not sure how you could have a strong negative opinion of that song and a remotely positive opinion of this one.

So .. I like Stand Up Comedy and always have. I’m not sure how you could have a strong negative opinion of that song and a remotely positive opinion of this one.

I don't equate the two. SUC is toothless rock - this is fun pop. A more apt comparison, IMO, would be Wild Honey - which I'm a huge fan of.

Easy:

a) I don't like the music for Stand Up Comedy
b) I think the lyrics in SUC are terrible (I do like the "stand up to rock stars" line, because it looked good on a shirt)
c) I like both the music and the lyrics for Showman

Noel Gallagher thinks this is one of the best songs U2 has ever done? He really is a forking idiot! Can't help but think he was taking the piss!

Considering how much Oasis wanted to be The Beatles, and that people hear Beatles in this track, yeah. I can see him loving this.

If they took this song seriously, it may have been among the worst / most embracing they've ever done.

Instead, they have a blast with it and it's a goofy delight. Catchy hook helps. When was the last time they totally cut loose like this?

Noel Gallagher thinks this is one of the best songs U2 has ever done? He really is a forking idiot! Can't help but think he was taking the piss!

Guys! I also believe Bono is trying to be like Kanye because he added an effect to his voice.

Maybe you’re both taking a piss?

I'm sorry but this is not U2's "Jessie's Girl".

People have been conceived in part due to Jessie's Girl.

That's not gonna happen here. lol

"A bit more to the left, OOOH, A LITTLE MORE... BETTER!"

Such a bad, bad chorus. LOOK SO GOOD! LITTLE MORE BETTER! LOOK SO GOOD! LITTLE MORE LITTLE MORE! Soooo annoying.

Really digging the loose, jangly feel of the track up until that point though. It's fun.

Such a bad, bad chorus. LOOK SO GOOD! LITTLE MORE BETTER! LOOK SO GOOD! LITTLE MORE LITTLE MORE! Soooo annoying.

Really digging the loose, jangly feel of the track up until that point though. It's fun.

It's going over and over in my head , I like it

There used to be a time when I would be bothered when U2 were being light or having fun in song, but this is just pure fun in song. I mean, this might be the first time they actually pulled it off...

After three listens: This isn't great by any stretch, but it's fun and the best part is that the BAND actually sound like they're having fun.

After three listens: This isn't great by any stretch, but it's fun and the best part is that the BAND actually sound like they're having fun.

Yep. I think it just doesn't fit well on the album. I also like the loose, fun feel of it, but it also just isn't my thing.. So while i don't dislike it, i just don't love it. Would have been a cool B-side.

It fits in that it's a letter to the fans (I think that's what it's about, if I recall correctly?) - I would be sad if we didn't get a letter on the album too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom