The official: BRING BACK FLOOD ! thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read that Flood and Lillywhite produced the new "30 Seconds to Mars" album. Has anyone heard this band? It's awful. Maybe Flood isn't the best person. Maybe a lot of U2 folks have lost their innovativeness -- just as the band has.

Edit: Gonna Run 2 U beat me to it.

I actually think Jared Leto has a great voice and sounds a bit like Bono when he belts some things out. His lyrics are atrocious though. I like "Kings & Queens" and "Closer To The Edge" a lot I must admit.

"See this is what i dont understand, you pretty much admit you have gone off the band, and their ideas, but yet you still come to a part of the forum that is dedicated to any new album that might be in the pipeline?"

That is a complete misrepresentation of my views. I suggest you do not make such sweeping assertions about my opinions in the future without first looking at my posts. Had you done done so you will have discovered that NLOTH is in my top 5 U2 albums, and in my view features some of the best songs they have ever produced. Furthermore, athough I think their setlists could be more adventurous, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the band at the Don Valley stadium this year. So no, I have not "gone off the band and their ideas." I couldn't stand the HTDAAB-era and I continue to make that quite clear. Nevertheless, on the whole, I was very encouraged by NLOTH. The "tu coque" line was a little rejoinder to BVS, not the band!

Damn those late nights, I stand corrected- tu quoque it is. Nevertheless, it doesn't leave me too vulnerable to your derision since I attacked BVS' outlook, not his grasp of Latin.

My "outlook" :huh:

I questioned some of your posts, and ever since then you've gone personal, don't kid yourself into thinking anything different.

Back
Top Bottom