The new album can be a new important U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good point, rihannsu.

It's always easiest to create a simple backstory for each record - after the fact. JT was their exploration of America, AB was them dreaming it all up again, Pop was their failed dance record. Etc.

None of these soundbite summaries fully explain the actual records. Pop means a lot more to me than a experiment in dance culture or whatever.

That was why I was a little disappointed by U2BYU2. In a lot of ways, the let these false narratives dictate the individual chapters on the records.

That's probably why everyone is running around in a state of confusion. There is no simple synopsis of the new project. Everyone's trying to define it when the band don't even know what it is yet! Let it be, you know?

It's a good point that what U2 aims to do with a new record is not always what it ends up becoming.

However, I don't think that anyone can produce any proof that U2 is truly proud of the original released version of Pop as a whole (other than a select few musical moments), while many different quotes from the band (both from U2 by U2 and from well before that book was released) have expressed a serious level of disappointment with both the CD and themselves in regards to the level of the music and what transpired afterwards.

Tell us something we didn't already know.

Of course U2 were disappointed. They lost a lot of money on that tour.

The Elevation tour righted all of the wrongs from Popmart.

Back
Top Bottom