The Magic is back with Window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't feel any magic..... seriously you guys should listen to some Boy, UF, AB and POP material again and ask yourself if this song is worth being in the Top 40 U2 songs...... this is nothing else than an "average U2 song"..... catchy but boring!

Yahweh_OMG said:
I don't feel any magic..... seriously you guys should listen to some Boy, UF, AB and POP material again and ask yourself if this song is worth being in the Top 40 U2 songs...... this is nothing else than an "average U2 song"..... catchy but boring!

Gotta disagree, the magic's there in spades IMO. :shrug:

Yahweh_OMG said:
I'm 100% sure that you're not alone, at least you can count on me! But this is a good song to me. :)

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
catchy but boring... now that's an oxymoron if i've ever heard one.

if a song is catchy, doesn't that in turn mean that it can not be boring? being catchy doesn't mean the song is good... who let the dog's out was catchy... but if it's catchy, how can it be boring at the same time? the two words contradict themselves.

:tsk: Magic? This song is an okay song by most artists but not U2. People only think it is magic because it the newest thing from the band in a long time. Also because of Saints. :wink: This song is an example of a band writing a chorus, throwing crappy lyrics around it and calling it a classic. The word magic is reserved to a song that is honest and comes out of nowhere. A magic song challenges the band and the fans. Window has none of those qualities. It is a throwaway song that the band knew the fans would eat up. :barf:

Screwtape2 said:
:tsk: Magic? This song is an okay song by most artists but not U2. People only think it is magic because it the newest thing from the band in a long time. Also because of Saints. :wink: This song is an example of a band writing a chorus, throwing crappy lyrics around it and calling it a classic. The word magic is reserved to a song that is honest and comes out of nowhere. A magic song challenges the band and the fans. Window has none of those qualities. It is a throwaway song that the band knew the fans would eat up. :barf:

er...sorry Window isn't United Colours or whatever you were hoping for

I honestly feel the magic in it; the same kind of joy in songs like Beautiful Day and Original of the Species. To me it sounds effortless; not calculated. that's just my take though :shrug:

As soon as I heard it on the beachclips, I knew that WITs had 'it.' You know when you hear a song and just feel completely happy with it- like there is nothing you could possibly change about it? Thats exactly how I felt. Its the perfect song and I hope the next album sounds like this song!

GibsonGirl said:

I guess the problem is that I'm not feeling any of this 'magic' everyone's going on about. Usually when I hear a new U2 song, I get at least some shivers. Upon hearing WITS for the first time, I thought it was a nice pop song, nothing more, nothing less. So it doesn't even crack the top fifty for me.

I agree 100%...o.k. how about 90%
I really haven't heard the song that much so I better not judge quite yet. Although to compare it to songs like "The Unforgettable Fire" "Acrobat" "Bad" "Love Is Blindness" etc. etc. is just absurd!!!

The song's good. I like it more than any single released off the last album, that's for sure. The chorus wears thin after several listens, but it's got enough interesting detours (the entire middle section and bono's baritoney overdubs on the last chorus) to keep me coming back for more.

I really loved WITS when I first heard it, but now I think the best part of the whole song is the end. I don't think it'd be in my "Top 10", but it's good stuff nonetheless. To me, it's on the same level as Sweetest Thing.

Back
Top Bottom