The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and no real use in going over to the Quay tonight as the guys are slated to perform on The Late Late show on RTE with Kila, the Dubliners and more, for The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.

^ I'd rather get more clips :drool:

but....what is this Late Night thing? Will it be broadcast on TV or something?

Holy Mother of God, how did I miss this??? :eek:

It's really hard to hear, especially on my sucky speakers (I don't have headphones with me), but it still sounds really, really promising. Bono DEFINITELY is not going into auto-pilot with his voice, and from what I can hear of Edge - amazing as always.

Thank you guys so much for posting - you guys rock! :rockon:

im having a flashback to 2004 and it's great :drool:

I can't make anything out of it, except a little bit of Edge's guitar parts. It sounds great though.

Let's hope it doesn't get over-produced, but with Eno/Lanois i dont think this will happen.

flowerchildH said:
Oh, and no real use in going over to the Quay tonight as the guys are slated to perform on The Late Late show on RTE with Kila, the Dubliners and more, for The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.

Yeah I read that, so there's no real point in going down there tonight

bonocomet said:
You guys must have really good ears because I've listened to it tons of times, really trying to hear Bono's vocals, Edge's guitar, but I really just can't make it out at all. I can't even follow a melody. :(
I guess I need to wait for a clearer version. Thanks anyways for all the effort!

I felt the same way after lots of listens with good headphones and then I listend through my crap computer speakers and heard Bono singing. Go figure.

flowerchildH said:

p.s.: If I had a disposable income, private jet, and no school, I would so be right there with you, financial supporting your recording episodes in front of HQ!

Hannah

Me too! The fan-made shit quality version of the Salome tapes. It would be awesome.

I hope the RTE gig makes it into circulation quickly.

I cannot make anything out on this, really. It's just some noise. You can tell when the vocals are kicking in, but that's all. But still, it's exciting.

Varitek said:

I felt the same way after lots of listens with good headphones and then I listend through my crap computer speakers and heard Bono singing. Go figure.

Surely you can hear part of the chorus from one of the songs off the DL film?

Re: Re: The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The_Edge89 said:

I got the save-file link on the last page to work but these don't. I'm getting an error about quickkey or something like that.

Could someone please help me out here?

No need to help me out.
I solved the problem by copy/pasting the links and use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox.

Varitek said:

I tried that and you're right :ohmy: maybe I should relisten to some of my U2 cds like this now :hmm:

roy said:

Surely you can hear part of the chorus from one of the songs off the DL film?

I thought that too for a while, then re-listened to the DL trailer. It sounds like 2.20 to 2.42 of the trailer towards the beginning of the song. That chorus for the record, is the one with the lyrics:
"oh oh oh oh oh oh,
shout with joy,
on every single shout,
you can be with them,
right now,
oh oh oh oh oh oh,
you know there name,
so call it out!"
I guess is your a really creative person you could figure out how calling out one's name would be relevant to "No Line On The Horizon". I don't know, I hope so though! After listening to it again though, I hear other layers and such. Its almost as if the "Oh oh oh oh oh" chorus from the trailer is in the song, yet not a chorus. A backup vocal I guess? I like where it sounds like its going so far.

:)

And if you listen to the snippet before that one (1.00 to 1.50) you can hear a lyric that sounds something like "setting sun" I personally like the sound of that one MUCH better. A little bit more out there.

Last edited:
Niceman said:
At one point he definitely shouts "I'm all alone!"

yeah now I hear that too :hmm:

seriously though, this sounds like one of the most intense vocals in U2 history

^ True and i remember a few months ago we all laughed when bono was quoted as saying he was a " punk rock shouter", he does seem to be screaming and shouting in that clip though:ohmy: .

pepokiss said:

They should really call the song Single Line on the Horizon, then it would be

SLOTH :drool:

sloth.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd just like to say that i'm thrilled that we don't even have an album announcement yet, however we already have a nausiating acronym to try and remember.

faaaantastic :hi5:.

:laugh:

NLOTH sounds like either a medieval torture device or a beast from ancient times.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
They should really call the song Single Line on the Horizon, then it would be

SLOTH :drool:

Sloth :lmao:

^ yeah it really is an excellent title :)

anyone know when they are scheduled to record again? :hyper:

Yeah I do love that title. It's image driven, and I can see it being quite a significant source of inspiration when it comes to writing lyrics. Maybe this will be a more concept-driven album than HTDAAB, which was more like a patchwork of songs and topics. Lanois also mentioned that Bono has a lyrical angle on the new material.

I think U2 are at their best when they use the abstarct to comment on the concrete. Don't lecture on 'Love and Peace,' or 'Peace on Earth,' give me a place where the streets have no name or where there's no line on the horizon and tell me what it means or represents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom