The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha yeah I can see how hard it is to head over to Hanover. We'll probably have someone else go over there and we'll add on to your clip.

Woo hoo!! :hyper: That was so great - thanks SO MUCH for sharing that! I love it - it sounds amazing! Can you tell I'm a bit excited? :wink:

Rob, that's weird - LIB was the first thing that popped into my head as well. It's only in places though - otherwise it doesn't sound like anything I can think of.

DOL, that smily is just...awesome. :up:

Rob33 said:
how long did it take to get there Irishteen? You do live in Ireland right?

It doesn't take me long to get there, it's more the area isn't the nicest, the wind was blowing sand (from construction sites) in everyone's faces.

U2 need a nicer studio in a nicer place :wink:

Right click, save, the smiley that is. I will be needing that in the near future I'm sure. Especially when they hit the road. :)

Irishteen said:

It doesn't take me long to get there, it's more the area isn't the nicest, the wind was blowing sand (from construction sites) in everyone's faces.

U2 need a nicer studio in a nicer place :wink:

how does Bono's house sound? :wink:

Rob33 said:

how does Bono's house sound? :wink:

Much better, good posh area, nice trees everywhere, a beach, the sea, a great hill to walk to the top of and just spend hours there...yeah they should record there :wink:

Irishteen, you ROCK! :yes: :yes:

This is perhaps the most cockrock/Santana-ish Edge has gotten since the Street Mission/Life On A Distant Planet days. Can definitely feel the Moroccan influence in there. Who knows what this tidbit will be in the end...but it's awesome to hear something at all. :combust:

t8thgr8 said:
sounds like he's just practicing scales

Yeah, but thank goodness we've now got something new to overanalyse!

Irishteen for the win! :up:

Good man, this is more like it!
Does sound like a practice, but i love the effects, lots of wah! :drool:

Does sound a lot like the noise my fridge makes though.... :|

Last edited:
Utoo said:

This is perhaps the most cockrock/Santana-ish Edge has gotten since the Street Mission/Life On A Distant Planet days. Can definitely feel the Moroccan influence in there. Who knows what this tidbit will be in the end...but it's awesome to hear something at all. :combust:

what's cockrock?

and damn, only on page 4. I was wrong.

I don't hear cock rock or Moroccan influences, I just hear a guy warming up a bit. :huh:

coolian2 said:
Aw, come on. Play along!

I am. You need a downer. It helps the thread balloon into a 300 post flamewar about whether or not this is played on the Gibson Explorer, and how the notes around 1:28 prove or disprove that. :wink:

Great job, Irishteen! I think we should all start a fund to keep you there...with plenty of nourishment and a small tent. :wink:

Varitek said:
I think Bono's vocals sound like shit.

"PSSSSST!!" Very Moroccan-influenced delivery. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom