The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Needle_Chill said:
Yeah I do love that title. It's image driven, and I can see it being quite a significant source of inspiration when it comes to writing lyrics. Maybe this will be a more concept-driven album than HTDAAB, which was more like a patchwork of songs and topics. Lanois also mentioned that Bono has a lyrical angle on the new material.

I think U2 are at their best when they use the abstarct to comment on the concrete. Don't lecture on 'Love and Peace,' or 'Peace on Earth,' give me a place where the streets have no name or where there's no line on the horizon and tell me what it means or represents.

while i don't mind the visceral approach he had taken on the last pair of albums, i do agree, i would like to see something more abstract turned into concrete which is why the mere title of the song has me excited. good points.

Needle_Chill said:
I think U2 are at their best when they use the abstarct to comment on the concrete. Don't lecture on 'Love and Peace,' or 'Peace on Earth,' give me a place where the streets have no name or where there's no line on the horizon and tell me what it means or represents.

:up::up: Well said!... even though I do like Peace On Earth.

But I agree U2 are at the best when they are abstract, NOT direct.

coolian2 said:
Are there guitar tabs yet?

I, for one, will be very disappointed with Interference if there are not.

And where's Muldfeld to tell us how NLOTH is actually the most insightful song about the Palestinians in pop culture history?

Wait a minute, was Irishteen's original post NLOTH or is there another recording of NLOTH. And where are Bono's vocals?

Jeef690 said:
Wait a minute, was Irishteen's original post NLOTH or is there another recording of NLOTH. And where are Bono's vocals?

There is a clip of NLOTH posted by U2_Neat further pages into the thread.

RavenBlue said:
Wow, Bono is really belting it out there on NLOTH.

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

:scratch: Are you being sarcastic or did I listen to a different file? All I heard was a bunch of noise and sounds of someone tuning a guitar. I was wondering what all the hype was about. :huh:

It seems no one made a cover for these recordings yet...:wink:
u2-hqleak08.jpg

Zootlesque said:

:scratch: Are you being sarcastic or did I listen to a different file? All I heard was a bunch of noise and sounds of someone tuning a guitar. I was wondering what all the hype was about. :huh:

do you have all the files? there have been three posted here so far. 2 by irishteen---one long one and one cleaned up, shorter one. and 1 by u2_neat that's a few minutes long and seems to have bono shouting a bunch of times and an edge guitar solo at the end. the irishteen ones are the ones that might sound like tuning/scales.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'd just like to say that i'm thrilled that we don't even have an album announcement yet, however we already have a nausiating acronym to try and remember.

faaaantastic :hi5:.

Time to start up your anti-acronym campaign again. :hi5:

Interesting clips... I don't really remember listening all that much to the beach clips the last time around, but I like being surprised more often than analyzing each and every sound that comes out of the studio for months on end. I'll see if I'm able to hold out this time. :hmm:

^ LMAO!!!

Utoo said:

do you have all the files? there have been three posted here so far. 2 by irishteen---one long one and one cleaned up, shorter one. and 1 by u2_neat that's a few minutes long and seems to have bono shouting a bunch of times and an edge guitar solo at the end. the irishteen ones are the ones that might sound like tuning/scales.

Ahh I haven't listened to the one by u2_neat. Link? :wink:

TheEdge1987 said:
Could somebody please repost irishteen's original post please.. Cant seem to get them to work..

This is all clips:

U2 - Hanover Quay Clip - Febrero 2008

rap ids hare.com/files/94013801/U2_-_Hanover_Quay_Clip_-_Febrero_2008.zip

You have to pay to use the above link, are there any others about for irishteen's first clips.. perhaps

TheEdge1987 said:
You have to pay to use the above link, are there any others about for irishteen's first clips.. perhaps

No you don't. Just click on the free button and wait for the download to become ready.

The guitar at the end of nloth sounds similar to Axe-Fx crystal echoes effects I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Edge adds a Axe-FX unit to his arsenal.

hopefully someone will be able to get a good recording next week.

does anyone know how long the band has scheduled this recording session?

ntalwar said:
The guitar at the end of nloth sounds similar to Axe-Fx crystal echoes effects I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised if Edge adds a Axe-FX unit to his arsenal.

I was wondering the same thing.
I'll try and ask Edge or Dallas, next time I see them :)

Last edited:
U2_Neat said:

I was wondering the same thing.
I'll try and ask Edge or Dallas, next time I see them :)

omg did u meet them????!

I never met Edge yet.....nor dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom