The Image...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sad Punk said:

... He was?

Absolutely! Especially before he broke his arm, he was lifting weights, boxing, etc. Watch some of the rattle and hum videos, or the Paris DVD. Ask some of the female crowd to weigh in as well.

I am part of the female crowd (albeit a female that wouldn't spontaneously combust while watching a naked, oiled up LMJ wrestling the Minotaur).

Bono may have been in better shape in late 86-early/mid 87, but by no means would I dub it "great shape". I'd further note that even in his 20s, it was difficult for him to maintain his shape - at nearly 50, I don't see the point in buffing up ala Pop. I recall he did it for Vertigo, and that all fell apart pretty quickly.

... criminy, I should really stop lurking in Pleba.

The Sad Punk said:
I am part of the female crowd (albeit a female that wouldn't spontaneously combust while watching a naked, oiled up LMJ wrestling the Minotaur).

Bono may have been in better shape in late 86-early/mid 87, but by no means would I dub it "great shape". I'd further note that even in his 20s, it was difficult for him to maintain his shape - at nearly 50, I don't see the point in buffing up ala Pop. I recall he did it for Vertigo, and that all fell apart pretty quickly.

... criminy, I should really stop lurking in Pleba.

yeah, PLEBA can be a dangerous place

I think Bono just needs to lose some weight, that's it, he doesn't need to buff up

I think bono should either look more "punk/pop" - someone with a bit of attitude or someone more graceful looking like in the JT era.

Edge, I think probably something like the achtung times.

Adam, probably something like the pop era, sporting his silver hairstyle.

Larry, short hair, combat trousers like in elevation era.

Edge should go for the Keith Richards look

hell... Adam's already like Ronnie Wood... or is it the other way around? :hmm:

and don't get me started with the Bono/Mick references

or what about U2 Pirate?

140348599_16c1bb1511_o.jpg

Adam should rock out the mohawk again like on Zoo

And Bono should dress up like that "character" he did on Popmart during Miami...he looked funny in that derby hat. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom