The Image...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would be a huge mistake for them to show up for the start of their new album with the same look that they've had for the first half of this decade (Bono with the leather jacket and colored shades, Edge with jeans and t-shirts, etc.).

They're going to have to do something to LOOK new as well as sound new if they want to shake things up as much as they've been saying.

Maybe their image transformation won't be as drastic as it has been in the past, but I'd be willing to bet that they're going to have a new look to go with their new sound, even if the changes are a bit more subtle...

No fat Larry!!!!

Definitely, they're gonna have to get into a new look.

Bono needs to get back into shape. He's gotta do something about those shades.

Edge needs to ditch the graying beard and the beanie.

Larry, no mullets. I want earrings & short hair.

Adam, I want more punk. If it really saved your ass, show it man!!!

the tourist said:
How about no facial hair on the Edge?

That would certainly be an interesting experiment.

I agree that Larry should never have a mullet, nor anything related to a mullet.

I love it how a bunch of dudes are talking about the "look" of middle age men...

"I want earrings and short hair"

:lol:

You're worse than PLEBAns...

"Men reading fashion magazines
Oh what a world
It seems we live in
Straight man
Oh what a world
We live in"

Let me echo what some here on this page have said. I think they need a new look for this next album, especially Adam and Edge. Adam w/the hair, Edge w/ attire. There are a two things that have to happen:

Larry: Keep the short hair cut he had at the end of the Vertigo tour in 2006. Looks much better and more like the Larry of old, although he really doesnt change much.
Bono: He's the man, I really respect him and his contributions to music and to politics. However, GET BACK IN SHAPE! He was in great shape back in the JT days.

U2387 said:
Let me echo what some here on this page have said. I think they need a new look for this next album, especially Adam and Edge. Adam w/the hair, Edge w/ attire.

I'm trying to picture Edge differently...I'm so used to seeing him with this elevation/vertigo look it's hard picturing him far away from that look...:hmm:

but I would kinda like to see Bono do something crazy again like he did for ZooTV...

They're all almost 50 for fucks sake! I don't like my 50 year olds as fashion icons and I dont like my fashion icons as 50 year olds...Just as long as Bono stops wearing Elton's sunnies, I don't really care what they look like.

My call, suits. U2 in suits. All four of them. It's never been done and it'd be a very powerful and iconic visual. I can't explain this prediction and it's based on nothing but some weird gut instinct, but I thought I'd send it out to the universe anyway.

Also, Larry, if you're reading this, please don't make me parade around in a bizzare military shirt with inexplicable metal studs over the front pockets for 4 years again. The least you can do when picking your wardrobe is to consider all the Fake Larrys in tribute bands around the world.

Oh, and keep the hair short. That is all. :wink:

By that I meant that it's never been done with U2. Not like them showing up to the Oscars, but just the four of them with a Euro Resevoir Dogs type thing going on. That's what I'm seeing. Kind of a play on the whole "corporate rock" thing that people tag them with sometimes. They can take power from it and define it on their own terms, kindof like they took the Massive Spoiled Rock Star thing they did on ZooTV.

Again, just a crazy idea.. but this is Interference, The Home Of Crazy so...

BonoVoxSupastar said:
But they have done so, anyone remember Zooropa?

You mean those blue military uniforms with the berets? I'm talking about like full on dark business suits with ties and the whole deal.

^^ :hmm: You'd almost think someone wants a new suit.
Hehehe!

It would be very convenient for Bono, I guess.
He wouldn't have to change when coming back from all of his meetings.

But I somehow don't see how a Moroccan recording session is going to lead to an image of suits and ties.

Also doubt that it's very comfortable to drum in a suit.
Then again, what do I know about it.
I'm not a drummer.

skott100 said:
Also, Larry, if you're reading this, please don't make me parade around in a bizzare military shirt with inexplicable metal studs over the front pockets for 4 years again. The least you can do when picking your wardrobe is to consider all the Fake Larrys in tribute bands around the world.

Oh common, there's nothing wrong with that shirt.
He could have done worse.

You prefer the see-through one? :wink:
Just teasing.

Or they could all shave their heads bold.

Nah, I'm hoping for something colorful.

But it'll probably be something like this :

Bono - all black (pants, shirt, with or without jacket), shoes with thick soles, sunglasses.

The Edge - Beanie, converse, jeans (black or blue), T-shirt with print.

Larry - probably all black as well

Adam - ?
Definitely the one that changes it up the most.

Last edited:
skott100 said:

I'm talking about like full on dark business suits with ties and the whole deal.

So like these fine bands:

hives1_370930a.jpg

bab0392.jpg

the_romantics.jpg

I never said no "other band" had done it. I simply said U2 had never done it and that it'd be a very striking departure for them visually.

I submit the photo below (although this band/album were pretty disappointing but dammit if they didn't look great!).

314ZE5QW6WL.jpg

Miringeltje said:
^^ :hmm: You'd almost think someone wants a new suit.
Hehehe!

It would be very convenient for Bono, I guess.
He wouldn't have to change when coming back from all of his meetings.

But I somehow don't see how a Moroccan recording session is going to lead to an image of suits and ties.

Also doubt that it's very comfortable to drum in a suit.
Then again, what do I know about it.
I'm not a drummer.

Oh common, there's nothing wrong with that shirt.
He could have done worse.

You prefer the see-through one? :wink:

Well there are pros and cons for me of course! The con would be that my dry cleaning bills would skyrocket. The pro would be I could do something other than dress up like Larry Hits All The Gay Discos In Town. Seriously! Joshua Tree = tight white t-shirt. Achtung Baby = muscle shirt and dogtags. Pop = fitted cammoflauge sleeveless shirt. Vertigo Tour = Sargent Mullen in the Don't Ask Don't Tell Brigade...

I guess another "pro" would be that the music is usually better at the Gay clubs and I'd never have to pay for a drink. Life is a series of negotiations I suppose...

:wink:

I'm with Skott. That would be pretty cool.

And as far as aging rock stars go, Bowie has always looked aces. Some of the material has been dicey, but that man is sharp. U2 could take some notes...

skott100 said:
Well there are pros and cons for me of course! The con would be that my dry cleaning bills would skyrocket. The pro would be I could do something other than dress up like Larry Hits All The Gay Discos In Town. Seriously! Joshua Tree = tight white t-shirt. Achtung Baby = muscle shirt and dogtags. Pop = fitted cammoflauge sleeveless shirt. Vertigo Tour = Sargent Mullen in the Don't Ask Don't Tell Brigade...

:shifty:

You'd almost think Larry IS trying to say something without telling.

Maybe you're looking at it (the above list) from the wrong direction.
Try a female point of view...

Of course, there's always the option of not dressing up and performing in your own clothes.

ahittle said:
And as far as aging rock stars go, Bowie has always looked aces. Some of the material has been dicey, but that man is sharp. U2 could take some notes...

Yep, I agree!

Last edited:
i'd like to see them all do something really daring and crazy...throw age out the window...just find something that is edgy :wink:

think about how much more interesting they would be....

there would be a whole new wave of PLEBANs and photos....something never before seen...if the music is going to be different, then so should the image...but even despite the music...they just need to do something eye grabbing and radical...

i don't think all black is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom