The guyliner story revealed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2 Talk “Horizon” Follow Up, Spider-Man Musical in Rolling Stone Cover Story : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

“I thought I looked very sexy in eye makeup,” (Bono) half-jokes afterward. The look, he explains, was meant to be more Elvis than emo. It turns out to be the beginning of a new character he’s trying out, in the spirit of the Zoo TV Tour’s leathered-up Fly and devil-horned MacPhisto: “I was calling him Elvis’ dead brother, Jesse — which maybe is in poor taste. It’s still in development! I started just messing with it a few weeks ago.”

U2 Talk “Horizon” Follow Up, Spider-Man Musical in Rolling Stone Cover Story : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

“I thought I looked very sexy in eye makeup,” (Bono) half-jokes afterward. The look, he explains, was meant to be more Elvis than emo. It turns out to be the beginning of a new character he’s trying out, in the spirit of the Zoo TV Tour’s leathered-up Fly and devil-horned MacPhisto: “I was calling him Elvis’ dead brother, Jesse — which maybe is in poor taste. It’s still in development! I started just messing with it a few weeks ago.”

nice! and i've gotta believe that "Boy Falls From The Sky" has got to be Beach Clip 402.

I would love to see Adam and Larry's faces when Bono proposes the Spiderman songs end up on a U2 album.

Now I'm really interested in that Spiderman project. It would be cool to see them doing some acessible, no strings attached music.

nice! and i've gotta believe that "Boy Falls From The Sky" has got to be Beach Clip 402.

yes! i totally agree with this. i've been saying this for awhile and feel like i've been being ignored. i think that and "All my Life" will be found with Spidey.

yes! i totally agree with this. i've been saying this for awhile and feel like i've been being ignored. i think that and "All my Life" will be found with Spidey.

i wouldn't be surprised. i also wonder if "Thank You For The Day" will be on "Songs of Ascent", since it's written on the whiteboard in the photo included in the book that came with NLOTH.

Isn't that what people were complaining about with U2 for years??

Well, not me. I would like to see an album full of glowing and shiny pop songs done by U2. As I said before, entertainment music can be miles better than serious music if it's done right. And if there's anyone that could do it right, that is U2.

It's funny that a rock star like Bono with as much personality as he has to begin with, loves to play even weirder characters. Pretty cool, any chance to bring back some Mr. Macphisto antics on the tour is fine by me :love:

A new character for the tour would be great and its also time for American audiences to be entertained for the first time on US soil live by the return of Mr Macphisto during the encore(s).

it is the one tough Jesse name out there

Who definitely wore eye-liner.

And maybe some blush.

Those old West guys knew their make-up!

The only problem is he kind of had the cowboy look back in JT days.

I think I might've scarred corianderstem for life with this picture, from a Latin American edition of RS:

rsu2.jpg

:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom