The forthcoming album and Zooropa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't feel that Boots was a departure for U2? Think of the Beautiful Day U2 fans and then they hear boots....not a curveball?

I do like the songs you chose and the order for singles though. I feel NLOTH would have been an excellent lead-off single.

Get On Your Boots sounded to America like Vertigo part two.

I would have made MOS the first single, then NLOTH the second, released when the album is released.

You know what? If I'm perfectly honest with myself, there are more songs from the Dismantle album (and sessions, taken in their totality) that I like than from No Line. I skip songs more often on No Line than I do on Dismantle.

Shocking, I know. However, and it's a big however...the songs I like on No Line I like ALOT MORE, so they more than make up for it.

Which is a prime example why I think comparing albums is futile and incredibly ridiculous.

I just wanted to say to the stones haters out there, or the ones who only think of the stones as keith richards being drugged out and mumbling nonsense and mick jagger's lips , watts being the most unemotional drummer of all time, and their hit and miss discography since 1973...to consider these albums: Between The Buttons, Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main Street, and not to mention all the other great singles they put out round that time and their classic songs from their early early days...and tell me that the stones aren't one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

I just wanted to say to the stones haters out there, or the ones who only think of the stones as keith richards being drugged out and mumbling nonsense and mick jagger's lips , watts being the most unemotional drummer of all time, and their hit and miss discography since 1973...to consider these albums: Between The Buttons, Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main Street, and not to mention all the other great singles they put out round that time and their classic songs from their early early days...and tell me that the stones aren't one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

I've never seen anyone diss classic Stones on this board, just what they turned into.

The problem I have with the Stones is that, although they have some very good albums, they don't have one great, seminal album. A masterpiece - in other words.
I enjoy alot of their music, but, when discussing who are the greatest bands of all time they always fall short for me in the above respect.

The problem I have with the Stones is that, although they have some very good albums, they don't have one great, seminal album. A masterpiece - in other words.
I enjoy alot of their music, but, when discussing who are the greatest bands of all time they always fall short for me in the above respect.

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street

No one in the history of rock n roll can match those 4 consecutive albums. The defined that era in rock n roll history with these albums.

Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile On Main Street

No one in the history of rock n roll can match those 4 consecutive albums. The defined that era in rock n roll history with these albums.

What??

Huey Lewis and the News had

Picture This
Sports
Fore!
Perfect World

C'mon now.

Seriously though, I don't think The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppellin, Elvis and Simon & Garfunkel would agree with you.

Yawn. Let's not get into the Stones.

While I'm not crazy about MOS, I think U2 would have been wise to release it as one of those pre-first singles that bands occasionally do these days to show off their new direction while planning the official release of their 'new hit'. Would have got the album talked up a lot more I think (among the music cognoscenti at least).

Back
Top Bottom