The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never even seen a Sonic, let alone eaten at one. I have had bouts of Vertigo, though.

As for the "review".......color me slightly encouraged.

Interference is a nest of insanity, but, lately, despite the chaos, it's reminded me of how very much I love the band and how fucking excited I'm getting over the album/tour.

Thanks for posting something concrete!

Dude, I thought everyone had played that game. You know what pissed me off? When you got to like 99 rings, and then that turtle dudes hits you and you go back to 0... FUCK THE TURTLE DUDE!

I would advise going back to BC3 in light of this.

Listen to the "I don't wanna..." part you can clearly make out. For one, it could very well be the lyrics he's talking about. Two, it really showcases that Costello cadence the reviewer was talking about, in my opinion.

It's definitely different.

Bono-evolution+Sonic-evolution...
:drool:

Alan Cross seems to be part of the anti-Pop brigade, which I think is a good thing for hardercore fans like ourselves. If he can't hear immediate brilliance in the album, there probably truly are many dimensions of enjoyability to Bootz.

How can a proper U2 fan find nothing redeeming about PoP anyway.....? I think he's a casual fan at best. That's not a criticism of him, but just the way it seems.

I would advise going back to BC3 in light of this.

Listen to the "I don't wanna..." part you can clearly make out. For one, it could very well be the lyrics he's talking about. Two, it really showcases that Costello cadence the reviewer was talking about, in my opinion.

It's definitely different.

Bono-evolution+Sonic-evolution...
:drool:

Wow. I'm remembering how awesome BC3 is. I definitely hear some "I don't wanna"s in there.

This is NOT a back-to-basics guitar/bass/drums track like “Vertigo” or even “Beautiful Day.” There’s some definite sonic evolution going on here.

Like so many U2 songs—especially ones produced by an Eno/Lanois/Lilywhite nexus—it’s filled with far more subtleties and complexities that anyone can hear with one listen. I need to examine it, ponder upon it and otherwise live with it.

But that’s the cool thing about U2. There’s just so much THERE there that it can take a while to sort through it all. Suffice it to say, however, that if you’re a U2 fan, you’ll be pleased.

If the song isn’t on the radio by the end of this week, I’ll be shocked.

:hyper: :drool: :hyper: :drool: :pray:

U2 fans hoped that there’d be something better on the album. There wasn’t. At least the PopMart tour was interesting.

Just after Labour Day 2000, Paul brought in “Beautiful Day” from All That You Can’t Leave Behind on a CD-R, something that was still kind of new. I remember being relieved that U2 had decided to sound like U2 again.

Oh brother! :doh:

"i didn't hate it"... hum he doesn't sound too excited... to tell you guys the truth i'm not excited too. The title, the gasoline/submarine rhyme, all seems a little disconnected.

When i began to read there were two pages in this thread, by the time i finished reading it there were 7!!!!

"i didn't hate it"... hum he doesn't sound too excited... to tell you guys the truth i'm not excited too. The title, the gasoline/submarine rhyme, all seems a little disconnected.

When i began to read there were two pages in this thread, by the time i finished reading it there were 7!!!!

That's because it was merged into a bigger thread.

He also said he didn't like Vertigo at first, U2 fans will be pleased, and that it always takes multiple listens to formulate an opinion. The most encouraging thing is that he was left in a state similar to that when he had just heard The Fly.

After blasting my ears out with Beach Clip Three, I am about to burst with excitement for GYBO. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight.

I think the rhyme is very connected to the title. I believe the boots are like army boots. It's a very iraq war theme (war for oil etc). Submarine, navy blah blah, I think its actually going to be a meaningful song, rather than Vertigo 2, but titled as a fun popish romp so the 13 year old girls like it

I think the rhyme is very connected to the title. I believe the boots are like army boots. It's a very iraq war theme (war for oil etc). Submarine, navy blah blah, I think its actually going to be a meaningful song, rather than Vertigo 2, but titled as a fun popish romp so the 13 year old girls like it

It will be Violet Hill? :huh:

Personally, I LOVE that he said "Did I like it? I didn't hate it..." I want a single that is a little bit of a grower rather than instantly accessible. This has made me all the more excited.

**crossing fingers that we'll hear it this week**

All I need to hear (read) is that little part about this song not being BD pt.2 or Vertigo pt.2. That it is "sonically" charged. :drool:
God! I'm soooo ready for this! :drool::drool::drool:

He wasn't too excited about The Fly either :shrug:

And Discotheque. And Vertigo.

To be honest, the thing that most excites me is the bit about the song very likely leaking sometime next week. I like song descriptions, but it's difficult to get excited over someone else's opinion.

End of the week... that's good, but as we're now hearing more about it... the wait is getting insanely unbearable. :hyper:

OK, "I don't wanna talk about war between the nations..." is, I think, at 1:26-1:30.

The "submarine/gasoline" line (sounds like "I've got submarine/you've got gasoline," but who knows) is right out front, from 0:09 to 0:12.

I agree with dan, this might well be about Western/Middle Eastern or even American/Iraqi relations, loosely. But that's wild speculation.

We'll know extremely soon. :hyper:

lol when did I say that??

You didn't just now. But you posted that head smacking (don't know the code for it) smiley about his Pop comments, and it's no secret that you don't hold HTDAAB in the highest regard. I was just guessing that if his negative comments had agreed with your opinions and been about HTDAAB, as opposed to being about an album you do like, it would have been fine with you. No biggie, just an observation, and maybe I'm wrong.

OK, "I don't wanna talk about war between the nations..." is, I think, at 1:26-1:30.

The "submarine/gasoline" line (sounds like "I've got submarine/you've got gasoline," but who knows) is right out front, from 0:09 to 0:12.

I agree with dan, this might well be about Western/Middle Eastern or even American/Iraqi relations, loosely. But that's wild speculation.

We'll know extremely soon. :hyper:

YES, I hear the submarine/gasoline line clearly.

Back
Top Bottom