The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just on my way home and listening to The Edge in my car, and the George Stroumboulopoulos show was on (it's just getting over). He mentioned that he was going to play U2, which is kind of unusual, his show usually features mostly indie/underground/alt music (he is a big U2 fan though, he's interviewed Bono, and I met him at a U2 show). I wondered if he'd talk about the new single/album before he played U2, but I had to make a couple of stops on the way home, and missed it.

Email from Alan Cross:

"I can’t remember if I told you already, but I’ve written a long blog on it. It’ll appear Monday at New Rock Music Discovery ExploreMusic

I can’t seem to figure out which thread to post to, but feel free to post the above message in an appropriate place.

I think the blog will also address your questions about my thoughts on post-2000 U2. (Then again, I’m biased. I’ve had the good fortune to be able to interview/hang out with U2 with every album since Pop…)"

So he wanted to post, but didn't know which thread to post at. Hmm.

Yes, I intimated to him that I've been more than a little disappointed with U2's work post-2000. So flame me.

Someone who's been in touch with him via e-mail should send him a link to this forum. :)

Anyway, I'm listening to his show now. He's had the intro and the news portion on, and there's been no mention of U2, so I doubt he'll address it on the show tonight.

ETA - Oh my, I just saw his name on the user's list for this thread. So, um...hi Alan.

If it wasnt for "U2 post 2000" I dont think this forum would be as big and strong as it is today. Ive been a U2 fan since 1987 and the 2000s material is different then the 90s material as it was meant to be. If we had Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby every album I am affraid it would get deathly boring....

I am looking forward to another change on the next album and I am sure it will be a postive one.

If it wasnt for "U2 post 2000" I dont think this forum would be as big and strong as it is today. Ive been a U2 fan since 1987 and the 2000s material is different then the 90s material as it was meant to be. If we had Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby every album I am affraid it would get deathly boring....

I am looking forward to another change on the next album and I am sure it will be a postive one.

Exactly. Their eras/genres explored are very diverse, and not everything is to the liking of every fan (it is to me, I like pretty much everything they've ever done), but one thing they've succeeded at is keeping themselves musically relevant, and no other band with their longevity can say that. They've gained a shitload of new fans in the '00s by recording music that's maybe a bit more accessible and commercially successful, but still better than the vast majority of new music that's out there.

Okay, I thought I'd post this here since the Alan Cross thread is closed, and this is semi-relevant...

I just received an email from Alan Cross, and he has said that he has prepared a long blog about GYBO/GOYB for monday. No other details were given, except for the link to the blog, where the info will presumably be up sometime tomorrow!

New Rock Music Discovery ExploreMusic

Awesome! Thanks for contacting him. Strange that he put this off for a couple of days after hearing the song...it was likely requested of him to do so. But why? With the Brit Awards rumor and the 19th rumor, it looks like this is going to be The Week. So kicking it off with an in depth description will be nice.

Something is out of place here; he is already posting a review of the finished song and U2.com still uses Bomb visual identity...

I'm pretty sure U2.com is working on the new style, why would it matter anyway?

Okay, I've been gone for a couple of days....whats going on with Alan Cross again???

He's on Interference now? or is it a hoax?

An account named "Alan Cross" has been spotted reading threads about Alan Cross. Could be a hoax, but I'm sure Sicy or someone has checked to see if the IP traced to Canuckistan.

It is really him. We went through this in the other Alan Cross thread.

He was browsing earlier but he seems to have gone.

I'm pretty sure U2.com is working on the new style, why would it matter anyway?

The matter is that we have 2 big articles about the new album, and Alan Cross is posting a complete review about the new single and all we have officially is the album name, and their official website is using this very old visual theme...

Wish we still had the begging Alan Cross to post thread. That might have been more likely to persuade him to talk to us.

Okay, I've been gone for a couple of days....whats going on with Alan Cross again???

He's on Interference now? or is it a hoax?

Yeah he is, he hasn't posted yet though. And tomorrow he will release a review of GOYB if you haven't noticed yet.

An account named "Alan Cross" has been spotted reading threads about Alan Cross. Could be a hoax, but I'm sure Sicy or someone has checked to see if the IP traced to Canuckistan.

I'm convinced its really him.

The matter is that we have 2 big articles about the new album, and Alan Cross is posting a complete review about the new single and all we have officially is the album name, and their official website is using this very old visual theme...

Another matter is that coldplay.com kicks U2.com's ass!

Coldplay.com! :mad:

Possible Edge broadcasts:

All times Toronto:
7:00pm - 7:30pm Explore Music with Alan Cross (Mon - Thu)
11:00pm - 12:00am Ongoing History of New Music (Mon)
9:00am - 10:00am The Ongoing History Of New Music with Alan Cross (Sun)
8:00pm - 8:30pm Explore Music with Alan Cross (Sun)

102.1 The Edge Live on Internet

I just noticed this. These are the times for Alan's show, but they also have a lot of musicians doing phone and in studio interviews at random times throughout the day. A popular time for this is in the late afternoon, 3 pm to 5-ish, weekdays.

Back
Top Bottom