The Edge to be on 102.1 the Edge / Alan Cross Reviews 'Get On Your Boots'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't had much time to look through every part of this thread. . .but my favorite part of the blog was when Alan said this "If the song isn’t on the radio by the end of this week, I’ll be shocked." :drool:

I must say the rest of the blog was well written and had me reminiscing back through the years of my 1st listens. Funny thing is -contrary to his thoughts, Zooropa, out of all the albums had the biggest impact on me start to finish. (I'll save my thoughts on that for another thread)

At the end of the review, Alan says "Tomorrow, I’ll tell you why that was a dumb, dumb move."

Are we getting another blog today, I assume?

Well, he didn't do what I didn't want him to do. :wink:

It was well done. I enjoyed reading it. It made me more excited to hear it. It's nice to hear that it is breaking new ground for the band —and we're not just hearing this from the band.

Well, he didn't do what I didn't want him to do. :wink:

It was well done. I enjoyed reading it. It made me more excited to hear it. It's nice to hear that it is breaking new ground for the band —and we're not just hearing this from the band.

Yeah, I think I'd rather hear something different-sounding from U2 at this point, even if it doesn't fully agree with me at first. Better than something that instantly resonates or is easy to swallow and eventually becomes...uninteresting (a la Miracle Drug, OOTS, etc).

Oh, I guess that's right. For some reason, since we actually saw the review late last night, I was thinking "tomorrow" was today. My fault.

Yeah--well it is actually a bit confusing because it appears to have been posted soon after midnight. So depending on how late you stay up, you may get it tonight :wink:

At the end of the review, Alan says "Tomorrow, I’ll tell you why that was a dumb, dumb move."

i won't be surprised if it's available as a free legit dl...one week before it hits the radio waves...Springsteen and some others big acts have already done that

plus if they premiere it live at the Brits, we should already have heard of it before

it's a question of hours imo ;-)

i won't be surprised if it's available as a free legit dl...one week before it hits the radio waves...Springsteen and some others big acts have already done that

plus if they premiere it live at the Brits, we should already have heard of it before

it's a question of hours imo ;-)

Brits are on February 18th, so of course we'll have it then... We will probably have the whole album then

buying the iphone might have been the best purchase ive made electronically speaking, in all my 21 years of living, ever.

Likewise, my week old 32 gig iTouch is absolutely on me at all times out of the home and office. U2log has done wonders to be perfectly formatted to my screen automatically.

If Tripoli is not on the album I will be totally devastated :sad:

not for nothing, but how can you be devastated if a song in which you've never heard even a second of is left off the album? what if the reason they left it off the album was because it was complete crap... nothing but edge farting into a microphone?

you people make no sense sometimes...

not for nothing, but how can you be devastated if a song in which you've never heard even a second of is left off the album? what if the reason they left it off the album was because it was complete crap... nothing but edge farting into a microphone?

you people make no sense sometimes...
LOL Amen!! Its hard to believe some people sometimes! Yeah I don't mind if tripoli or winter don't make it into the album.. you know there is a reason why they probably will not make it. Could be shit. But its hard to believe someone could be devastated:lol: over it when they only know the title and thats it lol.

LOL Amen!! Its hard to believe some people sometimes! Yeah I don't mind if tripoli or winter don't make it into the album.. you know there is a reason why they probably will not make it. Could be shit. But its hard to believe someone could be devastated:lol: over it when they only know the title and thats it lol.

Well, we obviously know more than the title. You weaken your opinion by neglecting the facts (and by Lol-ing so much at people):|

Back
Top Bottom