The Crystal Ballroom Admiration Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did Crystal Ballroom not make the cut and Volcano did?

And by the way, I like the guitar solo. It actually sounds like nothing I've heard Edge do ever (the first part of it). So it's muddy and brown sounding, who cares. Beats SFS's hoedown jam (the sequel to Crazy Tonight's solo).

Because Volcano is awesome!!!

Except that atrocious solo, Ballroom is even more awesome :hyper:, but musically it doesn´t fit to SOI at all :sad:

To even bring up that steaming pile of horse crap of a song, one which never ever seen the light of day(boots). In an admiration thread for such a great song as Crystal is, is borderline heresy... Everyones church will be called...... and don't give me crap about context.....

Boots= a relatively low time for me as a U2 fan, the song is abysmal, an abomination a dead skunks ass that first crawled up another dead skunks ass to die.

Sorry, but Boots were great, are great and probably will be great. That song is just upbeat, ambitious, fresh, funny...and great. 5 years since it came out and I still love it! Long live Boots! Sexy Boots, yeah!

Skeptical.gif

Dunno why so much agressiveness.
Didn't say it was silly or something like it (you said it yourself).
I only disagreed from it and justified why.

Still, there are plenty pop songs (since the beggining of pop/rock) that have pre-choruses that do not necessarily lead into the chorus until after the second verse, songs that have breakdowns like the "Let me in the sound" type that debouch into a last chorus. There's nothing groundbreaking or unusual in the song structure.

Yea... Pre-choruses tend to be, ya know, before the chorus.

And all of U2's previous lead singles followed the simple verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus formats.

And yes, Boots was certainly not groundbreaking. But it was unusual for any pop song, let alone a U2 lead single.

Yea... Pre-choruses tend to be, ya know, before the chorus.

And all of U2's previous lead singles followed the simple verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus formats.

And yes, Boots was certainly not groundbreaking. But it was unusual for any pop song, let alone a U2 lead single.

???
Boots has the exact same format...

Not WOWY (at least according to Danny Lanois)...though I can't remember if that was the lead single.

Too bad Lanois doesn't post here, he's an expert on U2 choruses and his word is definitive on the topic.

Not WOWY (at least according to Danny Lanois)...though I can't remember if that was the lead single.

Too bad Lanois doesn't post here, he's an expert on U2 choruses and his word is definitive on the topic.

It is a magic song. It´s the same 4 bars circle throughout the entire song, but there is something extraordinary, inexpressible that I find it on emotional level the best piece of music ever written.

I wrote a song the other day that had an XY pattern. Lots of falsetto.

Also, this might be a good thread to discuss buttons on baseball uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Every human life begins with a kiss.

Wow that's alot of abortions.

Ok now I get it.

:down:

there.

I wrote a song the other day that had an XY pattern. Lots of falsetto.

Also, this might be a good thread to discuss buttons on baseball uniforms.

Let's discuss cotton Yankee uniforms

Stopping and not stopping every cold caress is the coolest Bono has sounded in a long time

I don't buy this "Crystal Ballroom doesn't fit musically on the record" B.S. Same for Invisible.

Does "Sleep Like A Baby" sound like "Song For Someone"?

Does "Every Breaking Wave" sound like "Raised By Wolves"?

Does "Volcano" sound like "The Troubles?"

Yet somehow all these songs ended up together.

Take away Volcano and SFS, put in CB and Invisible...you already have a more cohesive album.

I don't buy this "Crystal Ballroom doesn't fit musically on the record" B.S. Same for Invisible.

Does "Sleep Like A Baby" sound like "Song For Someone"?

Does "Every Breaking Wave" sound like "Raised By Wolves"?

Does "Volcano" sound like "The Troubles?"

Yet somehow all these songs ended up together.

Take away Volcano and SFS, put in CB and Invisible...you already have a more cohesive album.

I would also take "Every Breaking Wave" away (don't think it's an "innocence" song). Besides that, I agree with all this.

Invisible definitely SHOULD BE on the album (instead of Miracle), but Balroom, I don´t know, I cannot imagine a place where it would fit, unfortunately

What is great about this time is you can make a case for every song including the throwaways.

I think the song would have fit just fine on the album. It would feel right at home next to The Miracle or Sleep Like a Baby Tonight. That being said, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It's a very good song, but it's a struggle for me to say that it's better than most songs on the album. Maybe one or two.

There's always a fuss about something that's not on the album proper.

But this song manages to do something that most "retro" songs fail. It actually sounds like it could be from the 80's...but the chorus is today.

And I like that it sounds like they're genuinely having a good time. I like Edge's unpolished solo.

This is a good song. I wish U2 released more songs like this without always worrying about "The Big Hit Song" , the "Vertigo" the "Beautiful Day." Instead, Let's all just have a good time!

Back
Top Bottom