The Album is finished...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they appreciate the relative quietness while still working on it - the buzz comes after their holidays.

On a sidenote: I saw a full page ad for the 3 remastered editions on the backside of Q magazine - that's pretty heavy for a few re-releases. Maybe part of an alternative way to keep the general public open minded for U2?

The relative silence from the band itself about the album and the pretty close to press blackout (other than Bono and Edge's charity appearances) are reminiscent of the lead up to AB which was a drastic change of direction and sound. But it is too early to tell because even compared to the last two releases we are not past the point of the usual publicity build up. If the silence is maintained much longer it will be closer to the AB release model. I'm thinking though that the initial splash of album press may end up being towards the end of this month when the remasters are released. Kill two birds with one stone and all that.

Dana

I agree. I think they'll release some info about the album when the "remasters" are released. Maybe the title at least. I wonder if U2 has it in them to do what Beck & the Raconteurs did by releasing the album within a month from the announcment. U2 would sell more copies just on hype alone if they put out an album secretly.

I'm just happy the wait is almost over. Last U2 album I was just engaged still living with my parents. 4 years later, I'm 3 years married just about to close on our 1st home. :wave:

Guys, i like that they are keeping it quiet..its making the album suspensful...this is the thing i hate most about internet threads...people take things out of context...I know the album isnt done i dont want them to rush promotions or anything like that...I was just giving a reason that people may feel like the album is going to be a let down.

I actually don't think it was very Bomb-like. It seemed more subtle and a bit less obvious. I liked it, but felt it needed a lot of work, but that, unlike most of Bomb, it was on the right track to something more genuine that had been missing from U2 in a long while. Bono still needed to make the lyrics even less obvious, though, but there was nothing as bad as those of "All Because of You", "Walk On" or "Elevation".

Just out of curiosity... what do you think "All Because of You" is about?

lol, I do hope they'll play there
even though it's not been called De Kuip for over a decade now :D

i used to have an image of mercy brand toilet paper in my sig, for i claim that i wipe my ass with the song.

i win, you're the runner up :wink:

but in all seriousness... i don't understand why anyone would want mercy on the new album. we know the song... it's not a new song, it's one that we've all heard. wouldn't you prefer 12 new songs that you know nothing about, and then perhaps they simply release a cleaned up mercy as a b-side on one of the singles?

wouldn't that be, like, 1 gazillion times better than releasing a song that we all already know on a new album?

U2 would never play Mercy live if it just remained a demo.

I want Mercy on the album.

U2 would never play Mercy live if it just remained a demo.

I want Mercy on the album.

see, that's the thing...I honestly think Mercy live would be absolutely epic...that's why I don't think I'd mind if it ended up on the album...but if it does end up on the album I'd definitely want a different version than the demo version we already have...and a lyric revision would help too.

Back
Top Bottom