Text on the album cover after all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crikey! I can go on for a thousand posts about how awesome I think everything they ever do is, and I post one or two complaining about a cover (which I even said I hoped I'd like more in person) and I get run out of town!!!!

OF COURSE you were attacking me personally when you couldn't logically crush my argument! You're even doing it now!
I don't know what they did or did not know about the image having been used. Yes they SHOULD have been informed, but there's a logical leap to assume that they were. Yes, EVEN in business mistakes get made!

I've really just said three things:
#1 I don't think it makes much sense to have a picture of a horizon featuring a giant black line on the horizon when you title the album; "No Line on The Horizon." (But I didn't make a big deal when that was the only problem I had with the cover.)

#2 It doesn't make sense for U2 to use a cover which has already been the cover for someone else's album.

#3 That IF the changed image on Amazon means they decided to change the album cover in the last 24 hours, it probably has something to do with discovering that the image has been used already, so they likely personalized it.

None of this is crazy, or hung-up or weird of me. These are reasonable opinions for anyone to hold. You're practicing the lowest form of debate by suggesting that they are otherwise.

Debate my points if you want, but when I admit that my opinions are only opinions, rather than facts, it would be nice of you to not then pretend your opinions are facts. And, don't attack me; you may indeed find people on this board who love U2 as much as I do, but I guarantee you'll never meet anyone who loves them more!!!!!

Holy crap... I give up. I tried having a civil discussion, but apparently you want no part of that...

I told you I wasn't attacking you and I told you what I was thinking is only a hunch...

I'm sorry this thread has gotten so nasty. I only posted it because I was surprised to see the original cover had been removed from amazon. I agree with the majority who feel the album cover WON'T have text, but it is certainly weird for amazon to remove the album cover from their site and replace it with "promotional poster art" or whatever you want to call it. I was orginally just looking at British web sites trying to find one that listed the UK bonus track.

Speaking of which, the Australia/Japan bonus track is "No Line on the Horizon (Alternate Version)."
Music Games DVDs at JB HIFI Australia

Holy crap... I give up. I tried having a civil discussion, but apparently you want no part of that...

I told you I wasn't attacking you and I told you what I was thinking is only a hunch...

Sure, you TOLD me that you wanted a civil conversation, as you continued to attack me. Your actions and your words are at odds....

Funny how I was able to discuss this civilly with everyone BUT you!

Sure, you TOLD me that you wanted a civil conversation, as you continued to attack me. Your actions and your words are at odds....

We're on a forum, there are no actions, just words.

I truly apologize if you think I was attacking you, but I don't see where I did such a thing...

We're on a forum, there are no actions, just words.

I truly apologize if you think I was attacking you, but I don't see where I did such a thing...

Tell you what. let's forget it. Next time we're both in the middle of the same conversation we'll pretend we never had this little miscommunication, and we can go on talking about our favorite band in the world; what we love about them, as well as the things we question. Cool?

This interview with the designer on U2.com should end the debate whether there will be text on the cover. There clearly won't be, and it has been discussed :

U2.com | Official News

"Does that explain your very spare approach to the album design? It doesn't even have the album title.

It's unusual this but when we had our first meeting with the band to show our design proposal, we showed them this cover execution and they said 'Yes'. I added, 'You know it doesn't even have the title on it?' And they still said 'Yes'. The thing is that each of them in the band is very visually switched on, they all have strong design ideas and I think they realise that there are many ways of giving an album its name, it doesn't just have to be by putting it on the sleeve of the record. It's a cliche but it's true - you can sometimes say much more with far less."

No, no, no, I think these are just the facts, not just your opinions. :wink:

I thought every post in every forum of Interference was nothing but pure fact. You mean it's NOT?! :reject: :yikes:

As for the font, eh. Looks a bit amateurish, but it could just be the photo. Not a fan of the "footprint" aspect of the photo either, but as others stated, could be the photo quality as well.

S pacin g is f un thou gh! :applaud:

NO T CO OL! :madspit:

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom