Surpise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your pre-album practice? And--do you use protection?

• Total voters

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Last time around, I didn't listen to the beach clips until after HTDAAB was released. In a way, I was glad I did---many of the people who'd gotten so into the beach clips were disappointed with a song or two in their album form. This time around, the Rubin-session beach clips had heavy circulation on my computer & iPod, but I've refrained from listening to the newest beach & HQ clips more than once, planning on savoring the first real experience from the album (sounds like a virginity pledge! :sexywink: ) despite how much people here are foaming at the mouth over the clips. In fact, even though it's going to be hard as hell, I'm tempted to say that I might not even listen to the leak of the album once it spills....:huh: Of course, time will tell on that one!

What's your plan?

I deliberately avoided the clips because I find weak sound quality useless, even if it would give me an idea. I'll listen to a good quality leak.

I've heard the clips but i might ignore the leaks if there is any, i'll wait till the release of the album.

I'll listen to a good quality leak.

I don't have any false expectations because I've listened to the clips.

I don't have any feelings of whether or not it's going to be better or worse than any of the previous albums.

I like what I have heard, but know it's changed. If it is then I'll still like it and can't wait till I hear the finished product(s).

It doesn't matter if I hear all of the album or leaked songs, I will buy the super duper delux, you have to learn another language, version. :up:

That's just me. It's what I do, for new U2. :heart:

I haven't heard the clips, and I'm saving myself for the real thing.

I've listened to lots of leaks in the last few years, but it's mostly albums or artists I'm curious about and want to see if I'll like it before buying.

When it comes to albums I'm really excited about, I wait for the real thing and go in unspoiled. I haven't found clips to be that interesting because sound quality usually makes it difficult to find much to get excited about.

I heard the beach clips the second I could get my hands on them. Same will be for the album. And then I'll buy the $100 set the day it 'officially' is released.

I've barely listened to the clips, but I'll listen to a leaked album.

I was torn between this option & the album virgin. It's been so long, that if something new does get leaked, I'm afraid I won't be able to restrain myself & wait for it. Though I will be buying it of course :hyper:

"I haven't heard the clips, and I'm saving myself for the real thing. "

that's my vote.

I listened to a few of the leaks on the last album but immediately deleted what I had downloaded because I felt like it was going to ruin the real thing for me on album release day. I'm not going to listen to anything until it's officially released.

Of course I'm dying to hear anything that's out there but I'll wait. It's going to get even worse if the total album becomes available before March. But U2 means enough to me to wait for the offical day.

I'm getting any leak the second I hear of them.

Of course I'll buy the album but I want NEW U2!

same.

And I've listened to the clips... about 10 times each, according to iTunes. funny, I thought it'd be more :scratch: I must have listened to them on my iPod too or something.

I've gone for the most hypocritical option:

I've listened to the clips, but I'll wait for the real release for the album

Thing is, I actually believe it.

Will listen to the leak: 64
Won't listen to the leak: 28

Whatever happened to making sure the first time was *special*? :sad:

We were talking about leaks in the leak thread, and you could see how that turned out. :D

Yes, but is that ever used?

No, they use leak all the bloody time. :wink:

Please continue.

Leak doesn't sound inherently sexual to me. It makes me think of the elderly. It's a perfect fit for U2, if you think about it.

Back
Top Bottom