submarine/gasoline rhyme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adam phoned me says he was the reason for the delay in the album, felt he needed to get his groove back and take a gander at growing out his 'fro again just for the fans

something about new wave old school rock

:wink:

Dude, its been done before on a billion other threads in more appropriate forums.

If you want to go down that route then I'd suggest you'd choose another forum. As it stands this thread seems more about causing a stir and less about making a point. Its like you're searching for a fight. The sad thing is that everyone must be bored because they are lowering themselves to your level and responding to the call.

BTW, I find your profile name sort of ironic.

EDIT: I'm referring to iota BTW

Fair call. I get sucked in because it is my nature to tell morons what I think. Posting further justified a pointless, unfounded and stupid arguement that I can live without. I'm off to buy some curtains

Ok guys enough with the bashing of each other in this thread. Stick to the topic, and if you don't like it, participate in a different thread. If there is any reason the thread will be closed it will be because the majority of it isn't close to being on topic.

The topic is to make a couplet that rhymes submarine with gasoline in a profound lyrical manner. It could be fun.

I don't see how it would be off topic. It's based on the miniscule amount of information that we have on the single, and it passes time better than just speculating on what songs we think we might like the most if we could hear them...

One thing I can guarantee you; a couplet that rhymes "submarine" with "gasoline" has to reference the economy somehow.

Fair call. I get sucked in because it is my nature to tell morons what I think. Posting further justified a pointless, unfounded and stupid arguement that I can live without. I'm off to buy some curtains

Seriously...

Have I called anyone a name like this?

Most of this thread is tongue in cheek... the only serious point I am making is that Bono is not quite at his lyrical best.

So I'm a "moron"?

I'm just asking Sicy to see which side of the "debate" the personal attacks are coming from. I'm critiquing threads and shitty lyrics. That's it.

The topic is to make a couplet that rhymes submarine with gasoline in a profound lyrical manner. It could be fun.

I don't see how it would be off topic. It's based on the miniscule amount of information that we have on the single, and it passes time better than just speculating on what songs we think we might like the most if we could hear them...

I'm not saying your initial post is off topic, I'm saying the rest of the thread is.

From the FAQs:
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f224/interference-policies-and-rules-187101.html

Why are threads closed?
If the thread is exhausted, gone completely off-topic, or repeating the same arguments over and over and seeming to have reached its limit, it may be closed.

Exibit B: _______________________submarine
____________________________gasoline

Or it could be:

This thread doesn't make an iota of sense
___________________________submarine
But we can pretend the author isn't dense

Or it could come in a list...

We don't know! So why even think about it?
Just make your judgement once you've heard it...

Or if you can't wait just ask artdirector for the lyrics, apparently he has it...:wink:

One thing I can guarantee you; a couplet that rhymes "submarine" with "gasoline" has to reference the economy somehow.

Okay...for contexts, so far we have

"Subterrianean Homesick Blues Vibe"
"Sexual Innuendo"
"Economically Related"

I'm hoping it's a Dylanesque thing and the couplet is brilliant.
I'm not holding my breath after the last 8 years though.

Or it could be:

Or if you can't wait just ask artdirector for the lyrics, apparently he has it...:wink:

Okay, let's go start the "There Is Absolutely NOTHING To Talk About" thread.

I'm sorry, but having the words "submarine" and "gasoline" in a U2 song already sounds like something enjoyably different. However, you have to remember that this is coming from a guy who enjoyed the lyric "an intellectual tortoise".

Or it could be:

LMAO this may be one of your best posts.

What's to get pissed off about?

We know for a fact that Bono rhymes submarine with gasoline. He also rhymes life with life.

There are those who are prepared to say such a thing could be brilliant.

I find this absurd and am challenging anyone who thinks otherwise (in all lightheartedness) to prove it.

Who's getting "pissed off"?

Trust me man, I got way better things to worry about. I come here for fun. I think you might be the one who's projecting here.

PowerSurge said:

Dude, its been done before on a billion other threads in more appropriate forums.

If you want to go down that route then I'd suggest you'd choose another forum. As it stands this thread seems more about causing a stir and less about making a point. Its like you're searching for a fight. The sad thing is that everyone must be bored because they are lowering themselves to your level and responding to the call.

BTW, I find your profile name sort of ironic.

EDIT: I'm referring to iota BTW

Pissed off people resort to personal insults.

Okay, this thread would be entertaining if it stayed on topic. But you all would rather just call me names and prove your own lack of imagination. That's making this thread as boring as the rest on this board. So the "moron" says goodnight. I'm sure this will not stop any of you from calling me names and insulting me in my absence. All because I disagree with you.

'Night.

Okay, this thread would be entertaining if it stayed on topic. But you all would rather just call me names and prove your own lack of imagination. That's making this thread as boring as the rest on this board. So the "moron" says goodnight. I'm sure this will not stop any of you from calling me names and insulting me in my absence. All because I disagree with you.

'Night.

Granted I haven't read every post, but I can't remember anyone calling you a "moron".

And it's not "all because I disagree with you", it's because there is nothing really to disagree with... You jumped to a major conclusion and then started a thread about it, sorry but that's some funny shit. And not the we're laughing with you type of funny...

But goodnight to you...:wave:

where's the personal insult????

dude...give it up.

this thread is easily one of the top 5 most worthless threads in a month. I'm outta here....have a nice day. :wave:

Quit being a D-bag. If you don't like the thread, don't read it or don't post in it. Every time you post in it, it just bumps it back to the top. And are you really so bored that you have to waste your time telling someone that you think their thread is stupid? Get a life.

I personally think this could be as interesting of a rhyme as the voice/tortoise rhyme :wink:

I got an e-mail back from Alan's people about the single.

Just said he had heard it and that we should check back at his website for more info about the new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom