Speculation: Get On Your Boots vs Unknown Caller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
get outta here with your clips!

I bet the album doesn't even closely resemble your precious clips, titwillow.

Haha! Is titwillow some type of insult?

I said I didn't want to get into the clip debate. But even if they re-recorded the songs and reworked them, I don't think this one will have what it takes. If U2 re-worked and re-recorded Wire, do you think it would become a classic, a live staple?

I think BD is arguably the best song off of ATYCLB. Also, Pride is arguably the best song off of UF.

Though Beautiful Day could easily be the best song off of ATYCLB (Hey, its one of the best songs they've ever written) I would say that I think KITE is even better. Though its a matter of opinion of course, one you may or may not agree with.

I would argue that BAD is the best song off of UF over Pride, even though the album version doesn't seem to contain the same power that the live version does.

I guess you could propose an argument for almost every first single though.

Of course, or I wouldn't have made that statement :D

I think New Year's Day is the only clear first single that was a best song on its album, but With or Without You and The Fly are up there too.

Maybe they didn't choose the best song because they wanted a more commercial song; it is a single after all it's meant to get radio play and sell the album after all

Haha! Is titwillow some type of insult?

I said I didn't want to get into the clip debate. But even if they re-recorded the songs and reworked them, I don't think this one will have what it takes. If U2 re-worked and re-recorded Wire, do you think it would become a classic, a live staple?

WIRE???

Come on man, thats song is for gay weight-lifters named Bridget.

I think New Year's Day is the only clear first single that was a best song on its album, but With or Without You and The Fly are up there too.

Maybe they didn't choose the best song because they wanted a more commercial song; it is a single after all it's meant to get radio play and sell the album after all

I don't think that's quite right--many would consider SBS better.

WIRE???

Come on man, thats song is for gay weight-lifters named Bridget.

Well, bizarrely enough, you may be confirming my point.

Edit: I must point out that homophobic language is shameful and I would encourage you to edit your post.

Wow, for a moment, I thought this thread had a point....

Oh..wait....

And many would consider *insert any two songs here*

Music is easier to comment on when people's opinions aren't all subjective :wink:

Agreed, although you said that NYD was the "only clear first single that was a best song on its album", implying that this is obvious for all to see. I was just making the point that you were actually choosing a very controversial example of a "clear best song".

And many would consider *insert any two songs here*

Music is easier to comment on when people's opinions aren't all subjective :wink:

So why did you say that it was "clear" then?

Its "clear" to you, not us.

Just saying....its kind of funny that you threw the whole subjective thing out there AFTER you made a comment that seemed anything but.:hmm:

Eh, I think he was actually only saying that it's "clear" to him! He did preceed the statement with "I think..." after all..! :hmm:

Sorry,,that Rush comment was for to the "Passage to Bangkok" reference earlier. I'm new here and am still learning my way.

People are getting all crazy in the head and discussing two songs that haven't been released yet. This can't be happening, I thought we were getting news! :no:

I added Speculation to the title.

Honestly, these threads are ridiculous in my opinion. I've already told LEOE if you're bored we have an entire forum to be bored in, its called Out of Control.

I was expecting news when I came on, oh well can always take out my boredom on Out Of Control.

Honestly, these threads are ridiculous in my opinion. I've already told LEOE if you're bored we have an entire forum to be bored in, its called Out of Control.

random conversation:
man 1: there is no line on the horizon
man 2: I am out of control
man 1: I mean, there is just no line
man 2: I am out for a beer. bye
man 1: ....

No line on the horizon actually sounds more about boredom than out of control
:wink:

The first single is the albums biggest and best advertisement. It doesn’t have to be the best song, but it has to pitch the right message. They’ll go with the catchiest song that sends the sharpest message about what’s in store with the rest of the album.

random conversation:
man 1: there is no line on the horizon
man 2: I am out of control
man 1: I mean, there is just no line
man 2: I am out for a beer. bye
man 1: ....

No line on the horizon actually sounds more about boredom than out of control
:wink:

Well you can have beer anywhere at least. :beer:

agreed.

Sorry,,that Rush comment was for to the "Passage to Bangkok" reference earlier. I'm new here and am still learning my way.

Let me give you a little advice then. Don't bother mentioning any other music BUT U2. Most of the people on this board(as you can tell) have their head so far up U2's A$$ES that they sound like blithering idiots when it comes to having a civilized coherent conversation about music.

I only keep posting here because the overwhelming suckiness of some of the posters on this board makes me laugh.

Let me give you a little advice then. Don't bother mentioning any other music BUT U2. Most of the people on this board(as you can tell) have their head so far up U2's A$$ES that they sound like blithering idiots when it comes to having a civilized coherent conversation about music.

I only keep posting here because the overwhelming suckiness of some of the posters on this board makes me laugh.

:rockon:

you just insulted nearly all of the forum, and insinuated you're staying around to troll. not cool.

Back
Top Bottom