Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can only hope some generous U2 fan(s) will share any extra tracks with the rest of us.

And I hopefully the extra tracks will be like the old days with Holy Joe and Lady with the Spinning Head. I used to like some of the B Sides much better than some of the A sides on the album. Always fun!

I received the following response from iTunes today:

I understand that you would like to know the missing song titles for the new U2
album "No Line on the Horizon". Please know that I can appreciate your concern.
My name is Nicole and I'll be happy to look into this for you today.

I know that the 12th and 13th songs are not listed on the iTunes Store, but I
did some looking through the internet and I am sure the song titles are "You
Can't Give Away Your Heart" and "The Mirage".

I do hope that this has answered your question. Please let me know if there is
anything else that I can assist you with. Have a great day...!

With Warm Regards,

iTunes Store Customer Support

~U2Alabama

Very interesting... I mean, You Can't Give Away was seen in several fake tracklists as a bonus track, but I don't think there was any mention to a song called The Mirage if I remember correctly. Although she says that she discovered this doing some "looking through internet". So :shrug:

Well at least it's not NLOTH 2 or some remix of boots right? She would've recognized them I hope?

Very interesting... I mean, You Can't Give Away was seen in several fake tracklists as a bonus track, but I don't think there was any mention to a song called The Mirage if I remember correctly. Although she says that she discovered this doing some "looking through internet". So :shrug:

U2 - No Line On The Horizon [2009] [128Kbps] [Exclusive Bonus Track] | u2 | isoHunt - the BitTorrent and P2P search engine :hmm:

UK iTunes is "live" now and has;
Tracks 1-11
+
Linear Video
Fez Video
Digital Booklet

+ regular version both are now in iTunes top 5

so no extra "audio" for Blighty...

i can't believe this Nicole person from ITunes would use a fake torrent as a source for answering a customer's question. :|

I received the following response from iTunes today:

I understand that you would like to know the missing song titles for the new U2
album "No Line on the Horizon". Please know that I can appreciate your concern.
My name is Nicole and I'll be happy to look into this for you today.

I know that the 12th and 13th songs are not listed on the iTunes Store, but I
did some looking through the internet and I am sure the song titles are "You
Can't Give Away Your Heart" and "The Mirage".

I do hope that this has answered your question. Please let me know if there is
anything else that I can assist you with. Have a great day...!

With Warm Regards,

iTunes Store Customer Support

~U2Alabama

Man, I hope this is true. Although, like I said before, the person who emailed me yesterday thought it might be "Love You Like Mad". But the above tracks seems much more likely. I really hope they post them tomorrow.

i can't believe this Nicole person from ITunes would use a fake torrent as a source for answering a customer's question. :|

Of course not, but if there's one place saying that The Mirage is a bonus track, you can bet that there's plenty of others saying the same. It's the internet. :wink:
And she said she discovered this "looking through the internet". If there was a reliable place confirming those two as the bonus tracks, I'm sure we would have find out about it by now.

Howdy to you Mrs._Garrison and hey, Khanada_Rhodes.

.:MrMacPhisto:. and mikal, I do have these concerns about her "sources" via the internet. I don't see why iTunes shoudl be able to hide the product info from us, even to the extent that she was not able to find it internally. I went ahead and pre-ordered this version, but will monitor iTunes through tomorrow and likely cancel the pre-order if it's a couple of videos or something we can in fact get elsewhere.

~U2Alabama

.:MrMacPhisto:. and mikal, I do have these concerns about her "sources" via the internet. I don't see why iTunes shoudl be able to hide the product info from us, even to the extent that she was not able to find it internally. I went ahead and pre-ordered this version, but will monitor iTunes through tomorrow and likely cancel the pre-order if it's a couple of videos or something we can in fact get elsewhere.

~U2Alabama

exactly. ITunes would have enticed me to keep my pre-order if they would have just told me what i was getting.

either way, thanks for the info. :)

yeah, it ticks me off that every other country has made their bonus tracks known in itunes, yet the us version is holding out for some reason. if need be, i'll just cancel this version and wait for my box set to arrive. i really don't need three copies of this album anyway. (i also pre-ordered the vinyl set.)

~U2Alabama

Yeah, well anyway, thanks for the info.
And who knows... maybe this time the U.S. is getting the "real" bonus tracks in order to boost sales there.

the mirage is something i have never heard of hopefully tomorrow they will list what the stuff is

i wouldn't even mind a cleaned up winter....please don't be NLOTH2 or another mix.

thanks

I wonder what is going on with U2's Itunes page in the US. If you go to their main page it has a blurb about The Complete U2 & their latest album HTDAAB. :confused: It's been like that for a few days now....and no listing of bonus tracks of course.

I noiced that too, The Passenger. And that is the announcement from when The Complete came out in conjunction with HTDAAB. I don't know if it's a goof or if they're going to make it available again with NLOTH. BTW, I missed it last time around, so I don't have LoveTown, Boston/Paradie Theater, or the Early Demos, and would consider purchasing it for those.

I'm glad I was able to help with some of the mysterious tracks info, but the sources still make me unsure.

~U2Alabama

who was it that said there was a surprise twist at the end? i hardly call cedars a twist.

Fez video is 5 mins of footage from the riad.

The most interesting bit is the amazing intro to Magnificent that they scrapped, with local percussionists I think. It's a bit trancey. And also some early lyrics to unknown caller...

Makes me a bit sad watching it TBH, I think the album was shaping up to be very different back then...

who was it that said there was a surprise twist at the end? i hardly call cedars a twist.

I think it was Neil McCormick in his early review. I think he may have heard NLOTH 2 after Cedars. I'm glad it isn't on the regular album, COL should be the closer, it's perfect.

Fez video is 5 mins of footage from the riad.

The most interesting bit is the amazing intro to Magnificent that they scrapped, with local percussionists I think. It's a bit trancey. And also some early lyrics to unknown caller...

Makes me a bit sad watching it TBH, I think the album was shaping up to be very different back then...

any chances to hear mp3 of this video?

Egh, so I wake up a few minutes ago and one of the first things I do is check the itunes store to see if they've listed the bonus tracks yet. Of course they haven't.:lol: They had better update it today.

I wonder what is going on with U2's Itunes page in the US. If you go to their main page it has a blurb about The Complete U2 & their latest album HTDAAB. :confused: It's been like that for a few days now....and no listing of bonus tracks of course.

I just noticed that. :lol: Someone screwed up and is not doing his/her job properly.

Egh, so I wake up a few minutes ago and one of the first things I do is check the itunes store to see if they've listed the bonus tracks yet. Of course they haven't.:lol: They had better update it today.

I expect to be downloading my preorder in about 15 hours, so I don't see how they have much choice but to update it today.

I know - this is bugging me. I'm thinking about cancelling my iTunes order because of this. If I don't hear anything by mid-day, I'm cancelling.

They aren't going to list it... until AFTER it goes on sale for real. It's supposed to be a surprise and make you HAVE TO buy it.

Back
Top Bottom