Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So are these iTunes only... as opposed to the 5 versions of the album we can get...

I don't know what to get. I just found the deluxe edition of HTDAAB and I forgot I had it...didn't even watch the DVD... I always buy the special stuff and never really take advantage.

So if I'm right there are like 7 versions if you count iTunes 2 versions which are annoying in itself.

That Larryinthestudio clip if definitely an early version of Magnificent so it can't be Mercy, but I'm going to set Interference on fire for a minute .....

Magnificent is Mercy reworked!!!! Look at the lyric references between the two "only love", "I'm born again", etc. etc.

was drinking some wine... and it turned to blood
What's the use of religion... if you're any good
I know i'm weedkiller honey... and you're sugar
If you're the prosecution... i get away with murder
If you were ice... i'm water
And with your telescope... i can see further
We're binary code... a one and a zero
You wanted violins... and you got nero
You're gravity... searching for the ground
You're silence... searching for a sound
Your heart is aching... your heart is my home
It's fascinating... i know i'll never be alone
When I was ripping the stitches
Without two cents to rub
I'm digging the ditches
Of someone else's luck
Love is when i lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again
If you're hunger... baby let me feed it
If your heart is full... baby let me bleed it
And happiness is for... those who don't really need it
You love me... too much
You always loved me... too much
When I was ripping the stitches
Without two cents to rub
I'm in the ditches
Of someone else's luck
Love is when i lie
Love puts the blue back in my eye
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love's got to be with the weak
Only then love gets a chance to speak
Love will come again
I'll be gone again... again
I... i can't escape myself
I hear you talk
Feeling nothing
I fear nothing
Feel....
I can hear so much
Fear nothing
I feel so much
Fear... nothing
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love is the end of history
The enemy of misery
Love has come again
I am gone again
Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love has come again
I'm alive again
Alive...
I am alive, baby i'm born again and again
And again, and again and again and again
Again

I've broken the code and now everyone can be happy bc almost everyone loves Magnificent!!

:hyper:
:hyper:

You may be right, but I don't see how the larryinstudio clip is an early version of Magnificent. :confused:

Sorry about that ndmaxfield, I was thinking of another clip where Larry is in his "chamber" and he's doing some fierce drumming while Lanois and Bono look on.

In US the charge was about $12. I already saw it on my paypal account.

oh really? so those were Australian dollars...makes sense

well, that's cool

Magnificent and Mercy are two completely different kinds of songs. There are some lyrical comparisons but Magnificent is pure joy. Mercy is a lot darker and more atmospheric.

well, that's cool

Magnificent and Mercy are two completely different kinds of songs. There are some lyrical comparisons but Magnificent is pure joy. Mercy is a lot darker and more atmospheric.

Agree about the moods, I'm thinking Magnificent is what Mercy wanted to be bc I see joy in Mercy's chorus, sort of a sweeping upbeat vibe "love will come again, I am born again", but we'll probably never know....

well, that's cool

Mercy is, indeed, darker and more atmospheric. My theory since day one is that they've replaced Edge's continuous two-note electric guitar sequence in the background of the original song with acoustic guitar strumming, and Adam's original bass guitar with what Lanois says (if you listen closely) sounds like a "mariaci band"-sounding bassline in this clip (http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larryinstudio.swf). I've been most intrigued by this clip since they posted it last year, so I hope they actually used it.

Its already confirmed that NLOTH2 is the Bonus Track on the Limited Edition (was on the getmusic site). I wish whoever originally spread the album included it because now everyone is confused about what the bonus track is.

Well I hope they announce the bonus tracks otherwise I am cancelling my preorder. Already paid for the Australian version and plan to buy the box. No need of putting another amount of cash on itunes if the two bonus tracks are not worth it.

If its a remix or NLOTH2, I'm canceling my iTunes pre-order. I only pre-ordered for the bonus 2 tracks and to get it at "midnight" (3AM EST) since I have classes in the morning and won't be able to pick it up until 2-ish.

I really want Tripoli, Winter or Every Breaking Wave or some other song or a previous version of a song (ex. Cedars Of Lebanon [Hendrix style one])

If its a remix or NLOTH2, I'm canceling my iTunes pre-order. I only pre-ordered for the bonus 2 tracks and to get it at "midnight" (3AM EST) since I have classes in the morning and won't be able to pick it up until 2-ish.

I really want Tripoli, Winter or Every Breaking Wave or some other song or a previous version of a song (ex. Cedars Of Lebanon [Hendrix style one])

The non-exclusive bonus track is NLOTH2, confirmed. The exclusive bonus track is something we haven't had yet.

well, that's cool

Mercy would have made a great companion piece to Magnificent IMO..

The bonus Track(s)

Someone have an idea of them?

I read on a forum the possibility of:

- Get on you boots (punk version) but i think it's a joke

or

-Moon Mercy... I hope this one will be real and the final version of the Mercy demo...

No Line On The Horizon (Digipack/UK/Australia/Japan)
Probably No Line On The Horizon 2

Linear
Winter and Tripoli (?)

New Motorola cellphone launch - No Line On The Horizon Edition
Exclusive tracks (including Every Breaking Wave :drool:? Thank You For The Day (Lanois-collaboration)?)

Get On Your Boots (Single)
Get On Your Boots (Punk Version)

Spanish chick
Moon Mercy

NLOTH2 is the bonus track on the limited edition, was the 12th track on the getmusic site.

Bonus track for all regions will probably be NLOTH2. It's a "bonus" because it's either not on the physical CD (ie USA) or is classed as a "bonus track" on the CD (Aus/Jap/NZ).

iTunes exclusive could be either of:
- a video clip (eg main or alternate GOYB video or the FEZ recording sessions clip etc)
- an audio track only available on iTunes (eg the remix of GOYB).

It doesn't claim to be exclusive to the ALBUM, it just has to be exclusive to iTunes. Therefore the Crookers remix would qualify as the iTunes exclusive track as this is not available elsewhere.

I think it would be very optimistic to expect something we haven't already heard.

iTunes extra songs

I read on iTunes that if you pre-order NLOTH you will get 2 extra songs that are not in the CD. I want to buy the CD to have the extras (magazine, book, lyrics, etc.) but then again I don't want to miss out on those 2 extra songs. Will those songs be released in other formats?

...I am sorry, I just realized there is another thread about this...

Back
Top Bottom