Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a trailer for the Daniel lanois(sp) movie and it shows Bono singing a bit of tripoli ... It doesn't sound like fez-bb, either musically or lyrically. With a little bit of work I'm sure someone could find this clip.

I'm hoping one of the bonus tracks is a clear version of winter and another new song, not a remix.

I was about to post this same question. It's really tricky they way iTunes is playing this! You can only get one of the "Bonus Tracks" if you Pre-Order from them, but it seems like they won't reveal what that bonus track is until the album is released, based on the their cryptic information so far.

It lists the following tracks:

1-11 standard track listing
12 Bonus Track [iTunes Exclusive]
13 Bonus Track [Pre-Order Only]
15 Anton Corbijn's Exclusive Film "Linear"
16 Digital Booklet - NLOTH
17 Digital Booklet - Collector's Magazine

So what are the "iTunes Exclusive" and "Pre-Order Only" and where is number 14? It already lists "Linear." This may have been answered elsewhere in the Forums but I have overlooked it. Thanks.

~U2Alabama

Hey Bama, i dont know any answers to your questions, just saying howdy :wave:

the uk bonus track is NLOTH2- and assuming you buy the version with Linear on it you also get GOYB punk version video- can't say either make me want to spend the extra money (since I already have NLOTH2 on the cd single)

I am certain No Line 2 is the common "bonus track" from iTunes USA/Canada. I am hoping for Winter as the "exclusive," but the betting man in me goes with the punk Boots.

Every Breaking Wave and Winter have been brought up by the band as possible tracks for the next album so I doubt they will show up as Bonus tracks.

Every Breaking Wave and Winter have been brought up by the band as possible tracks for the next album so I doubt they will show up as Bonus tracks.

Yeah, you're right. I hope they do give Winter some attention. I really want it out on an album, not just on a music movie video.

Bonus tracks in each regeion:

UK: GOYB (Punk video) / NLOTH2
Ireland: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
France: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
Germany: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
Australia: Fez (video) / GOYB (Punk video) / NLOTH2

US won't get something not available elsewhere. So it will be 2 of the 3 above.

Well if theres nothing special I'm canceling my pre order special edition with ITunes I will just buy the songs individually when they go on sale..and of course buy the cd..well cd's I'm getting my mom one too...because she loves the new songs too :wink:

Anways I bought the cd single already with Goyb and NLOTH2...so I am not missing anything :)

Bonus tracks in each regeion:

UK: GOYB (Punk video) / NLOTH2
Ireland: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
France: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
Germany: Fez (video) / NLOTH2
Australia: Fez (video) / GOYB (Punk video) / NLOTH2

US won't get something not available elsewhere. So it will be 2 of the 3 above.

You're probably right. Although, I just received an email from Itunes and the person said that "Love You Like Mad" might be one of the bonus tracks, but she wasn't 100% sure, and to keep checking the Itunes site. Of course "LYLM" makes no sense, so I find it hard to believe. Some combo of the info above seems much more believable...and much less likely that I will pre-order from Itunes. I'll probably just wait for the CD from Amazon.

Well if theres nothing special I'm canceling my pre order special edition with ITunes I will just buy the songs individually when they go on sale..and of course buy the cd..well cd's I'm getting my mom one too...because she loves the new songs too :wink:

Anways I bought the cd single already with Goyb and NLOTH2...so I am not missing anything :)

You probably won't be able to buy the songs individually, a lot of times the bonus tracks are "album only" on iTunes.

It's strange. In the US, it says one tune is exclusive to Itunes, so it can't be NLOTH2, and the other is only available with the pre-order. The pre-order song sounds like it might be NLOTH2. It just seems strange that the exclusive Itunes "song" would be a video like "Fez" or "GOYB". :confused: I guess we'll know by Tuesday.

It's strange. In the US, it says one tune is exclusive to Itunes, so it can't be NLOTH2, and the other is only available with the pre-order. The pre-order song sounds like it might be NLOTH2. It just seems strange that the exclusive Itunes "song" would be a video like "Fez" or "GOYB". :confused: I guess we'll know by Tuesday.

I don't think it specifically calls the iTunes exclusive an "exclusive song"...I think it just says "exclusive track", no?

I don't think Winter will be a bonus track bc it's on linear and why would they be saving it for the next album if it's on the film, i think it's good should have been on nloth.

Firstly Tripoli IS Being Born. They're the same 'six o clock' song reported in previews ages ago.

Secondly the will.i.am Magnificent remix could be another contender for one of the bonus tracks.

You're probably right. Although, I just received an email from Itunes and the person said that "Love You Like Mad" might be one of the bonus tracks, but she wasn't 100% sure, and to keep checking the Itunes site. Of course "LYLM" makes no sense, so I find it hard to believe.

:der: I really hope one of the bonus/pre-order tracks isn't LYLM. Already bought it with Complete U2. Ah well, whatever. Will just have to wait and see on Tuesday I guess.

I don't think it specifically calls the iTunes exclusive an "exclusive song"...I think it just says "exclusive track", no?

Very true. But don't they usually put that little TV logo next to the name of the song when it's a video? I didn't see one except next to "Linear". I'm guessing you probably are right. It probably is "Fez". It seems it's that way everywhere else. If I don't pre-order, and it turns out to be "Mercy" or "Breaking Every Wave", I will be really pissed.

:der: I really hope one of the bonus/pre-order tracks isn't LYLM. Already bought it with Complete U2. Ah well, whatever. Will just have to wait and see on Tuesday I guess.

this thought had occurred to me somewhat earlier today, given that they are not providing the U2.com bonus cd with even a single track that has never been released, and the fact that smile was the U218 bonus, i am very much considering cancelling my preorder for itunes and just sticking with my deluxe box set NLOTH.

Ooga Booga Dooba Daba Dum Dum Doo

I ordered the box set, so I'm hoping it has a bonus song. I like the album ending with NLOTH2, returning to the main theme after the depressing (but still very, very good) Cedars. Anyone know if the box set will have a bonus song? It better, for 65 bucks.

Last edited:
From what people in the "I just bought the box set" thread are reporting, there is NO bonus track on it. :(

Nope, I bought the digipack and it doesn't have one either, only the basic cd has bonus tracks.

I think because the deluxe and boxsets are all made in the same factory (in Germany) and so it would be too much of a hassle to take out the bonus tracks for countries that don't get it.

did anybody get the pre-order from iTunes? Wasn't there meant to be a Punk vesrion of Boots?

I didn't pre-order, but got a little Fez vid, which is great!!! :hyper:

did anybody get the pre-order from iTunes? Wasn't there meant to be a Punk vesrion of Boots?

I didn't pre-order, but got a little Fez vid, which is great!!! :hyper:

I don't know what's happened to the GOYB (Punk) version. I'm sure I remember seeing it listed a few days ago but I've just downloaded the deluxe version and there's no sign of it. Got the Fez video & NLOTH 2 as extra tracks instead.

I received the following response from iTunes today:

I understand that you would like to know the missing song titles for the new U2
album "No Line on the Horizon". Please know that I can appreciate your concern.
My name is Nicole and I'll be happy to look into this for you today.

I know that the 12th and 13th songs are not listed on the iTunes Store, but I
did some looking through the internet and I am sure the song titles are "You
Can't Give Away Your Heart" and "The Mirage".

I do hope that this has answered your question. Please let me know if there is
anything else that I can assist you with. Have a great day...!

With Warm Regards,

iTunes Store Customer Support

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom