Speculation: Bonus Track & ITUNES Exclusives - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #201
The Fly

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Ah oh fuck no, it's that bloomin Crookers mix that was the exclusive? ah well no hunting the net for THAT MP3.

^ uhm it's out there on torrent sites just do a Google search.

But it isn't a good mix, costs you nothing I guess though, just watch your ears!

ic170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #202
New Yorker

Local Time: 10:36 PM
^ ya I would have been much more impressed if it were a Paul Oakenfold remix

subnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #203
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cask View Post
Shit, it was too late for me, it is downloading it as we speak It starting downloading automatically!!!! I am so pissed off, I should've cancelled this earlier.
Me too. I feel like an A-hole because I pre-ordered around 10:30. I thought I was going to miss something. Well, I never had NLOTH2. Big deal. That remix of "Boots" makes the original seem like "Where The Streets Have No Name". I just find it amazing that they didn't know until after 11:00PM what the bonus tracks were going to be. I emailed them probably 3 times including earlier today. I kind of feel like I got screwed. Oh well, Shit happens. At least I can listen through headphones now.
The Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #204
Refugee

Bunch of Crap, NLOTH 2 is already on the Boots single and the crookers mix is pure crap, already got that off of youtube a couple of weeks ago so how's that exclusive!!! Cancelled my pre-order just now and I'll just wait for the box set via amazon in a couple of days! BTW..Crookers was not even on my order before I cancelled it and I pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago. ITUNES is great, but sometimes it can be a real wanker!
zoocarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #205
The Fly

I have the iTunes preorder and I have a remix of Boots and a different version of No Line. Both are very electronic and funky. I'm digging it.
astepcloser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #206
The Fly

and here is the insult to the injury...

no extras but a scream of a price

Amazon.com: No Line On The Horizon: MP3 Downloads: U2

[posted elsewhere]
ic170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #207
The Fly

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astepcloser24 View Post
I have the iTunes preorder and I have a remix of Boots and a different version of No Line. Both are very electronic and funky. I'm digging it.
Please could you send these songs ?
laugend2 at gmail.com
thx
Laugend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #208
Refugee

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astepcloser24 View Post
Do you mind sharing the Boots remix?

mr.mcphisto93@gmail.com Thanks in advance!
Zooropa man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #209
The Fly

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Why are people complaining about the bonus tracks after having pre-ordered from iTunes not knowing what the tracks were in the first place? Hello! Why "pre-order" anyway on iTunes? It's not like downloads are similar to physical CDs in that the store could run out of copies; there's no limit to the amount of downloads that can be sold. If the bonus track titles are a concern then wait until they iTunes posts the track names before you click "purchase"!

In fact, why do people buy from iTunes at all? If you're going to download and not buy the real full-quality CD, then get it album from Amazon's MP3 store - 256kbps, DRM-free, and only $3.99! A much better deal than iTunes.
EmitFlesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #210
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic170 View Post
and here is the insult to the injury...

no extras but a scream of a price

Amazon.com: No Line On The Horizon: MP3 Downloads: U2

[posted elsewhere]
Man, I should have ordered it there just to spite Itunes. And I still have the CD coming. I hope people who usually download realize the bonus tracks are shit and save 6 bucks by going to Amazon.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #211
Babyface

Local Time: 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmitFlesti View Post
Why are people complaining about the bonus tracks after having pre-ordered from iTunes not knowing what the tracks were in the first place? Hello! Why "pre-order" anyway on iTunes? It's not like downloads are similar to physical CDs in that the store could run out of copies; there's no limit to the amount of downloads that can be sold. If the bonus track titles are a concern then wait until they iTunes posts the track names before you click "purchase"!

In fact, why do people buy from iTunes at all? If you're going to download and not buy the real full-quality CD, then get it album from Amazon's MP3 store - 256kbps, DRM-free, and only $3.99! A much better deal than iTunes.
Agreed about the price, but iTunes is DRM-free and 256kbps as well. Also, iTunes has the bonus track (NLOTH2) and digital booklet that Amazon is missing. Not sure if that makes up the difference, though.
rebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #212
The Fly

Local Time: 09:36 PM
what is on the second digital booklet ? one has lyrics and pics but my adobe reader will not open the second booklet ...says it was downloaded incorrectly ?
Gee40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #213
War Child

And the Crooker's remix isn't that bad. I'm actually digging it a little.
ShipOfFools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #214
War Child

Quote:

Well we preordered it because it was a preorder exclusive track which we were interested in getting, which turned out to be the Boots Remix. If you buy the album now you don't get that track. I guess we hoped it was something better. And the other iTunes exclusive track they advertised turned out to be NLOTH2, hardly anything exclusive. That's why we're complaining hehe.

Regarding iTunes quality, iTunes is now 256 kbps DRM Free also, and the m4a format is of slightly higher quality than Amazon's 256 kbps mp3 due to better compression algorithms. However, the 3.99 price is a steal indeed.
Cask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #215
The Fly

A lot of Amazon downloads are actually 320kbps. The majority of mine are.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #216
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee40 View Post
what is on the second digital booklet ? one has lyrics and pics but my adobe reader will not open the second booklet ...says it was downloaded incorrectly ?
The second digital booklet is the book/magazine that comes with the physical deluxe editions. Contains pictures an interview with the band members.
Cask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

In any other situation, I'd be making the same observation and posing the same challenge, but in this case, they listed a "Bonus Track (Pre-Order Only)" and a "Bonus Track (iTunes Exclusive)." We couldn't get the "Pre-Order Only" bonus track unless we "pre-ordered," and iTunes wouldn't tell us what it was. After the "pre-order" time frame had expired, it would no longer be available. iTunes WOULD NOT post the track names. We weren't concerned about them "running out" but about them only having the "Pre-Order Only" track available only during this limited time frame. And I do have the Super Duper Deluxe Box Set version on the way to me, with the DVD, book, action figures, and collectible Trabant candy bars, so I'm getting that anyway, but didn't want to miss out on these secret iTunes tracks in the event they turned out to be some cool outtakes or lost tracks from an Mtv Unplugged rehearsal that never happened, or a duet with Bono and Anne Murray; based on the lack of info iTunes was providing, the possibilities were endless...

~U2Alabama
U2Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee40 View Post

You definitely need to "Report A Problem" to iTunes on that. The magazine (ant the secret tracks) is why you paid $17.99 instead of $9.99. Make sure they re-initiate that D/L to your account.

~U2Alabama
U2Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #219
The Fly

Local Time: 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bama View Post
In any other situation, I'd be making the same observation and posing the same challenge, but in this case, they listed a "Bonus Track (Pre-Order Only)" and a "Bonus Track (iTunes Exclusive)." We couldn't get the "Pre-Order Only" bonus track unless we "pre-ordered," and iTunes wouldn't tell us what it was. After the "pre-order" time frame had expired, it would no longer be available. iTunes WOULD NOT post the track names. We weren't concerned about them "running out" but about them only having the "Pre-Order Only" track available only during this limited time frame. And I do have the Super Duper Deluxe Box Set version on the way to me, with the DVD, book, action figures, and collectible Trabant candy bars, so I'm getting that anyway, but didn't want to miss out on these secret iTunes tracks in the event they turned out to be some cool outtakes or lost tracks from an Mtv Unplugged rehearsal that never happened, or a duet with Bono and Anne Murray; based on the lack of info iTunes was providing, the possibilities were endless...

~U2Alabama
My bad. Didn't realize it was an extra bonus track only available if you pre-order. Though it was just the same bonus track that appears there now. I still say this is more evidence as to why iTunes sucks (though maybe the band made them do it this way) - withholding the track names to increase sales, then having it be just a lame remix.
EmitFlesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #220
The Fly

I would love to get a copy of the infamous GOYB Crookers Remix. I've been warned, but I still want to hear it.

meetdave@comcast.net

Thanks!

meetdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bonus tracks, itunes, itunes exclusive, nloth, no line on the horizon